The Student Room Group

Saddest, most upsetting and depressing movie you've watched

Scroll to see replies

Pulp Fiction.... Poor Gimp :frown:
Marley and me is the only film that can make me cry. The green mile is pretty sad too though.
Original post by Pyslocke
Pulp Fiction.... Poor Gimp :frown:
that was more of a confusing movie then sad
Grave of the Fireflies, which I see Sean beat me to.
Cries and Whispers - if you want to feel fear of death, existential angst, and despair in relationships, try that one.
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) I remember watching it as a kid with my brother. We were both in tears by the end aha
Reply 26
Original post by SeanFM
Grave of the Fireflies.

Even the thought of it now just made me tear up a little, such a beautiful film
Her.

The movie is amazing- it completely captures how dependent we are on technology and virtual reality to the extent that the lonely and heartbroken protaganist falls in love with an operating system. The film follows his journey in this 'relationship'- how it starts, develops, and ultimately, falls apart.

It's really thought provoking but very sombre and makes you feel kind of weird.
The most depressingly awful film I've seen is 500 days of summer
Hotel Rwanda

Spoiler

Kes or the road, can't decide.
Reply 31
Donnie Darko, the director's cut version, gets quite depressing. Watched most of it today and turned off near the end cos I didn't feel up to the sadness.
Elephant man is a classic and very sad, Schindlers List .
Original post by k.m.b
Hotel Rwanda

Spoiler

I wish I could rep you 1000times that movie was depressing :/
Reply 34
Scindlers List, has to be one of the saddest films ever
Theres a few but Titanic always makes me cry and more recently I watched the documentary movie Cowspiracy and it was so sad I cried for hours:frown:
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
I wish I could rep you 1000times that movie was depressing :/

You know it!

Spoiler

Original post by k.m.b
You know it!

Spoiler

The bit when they realised the cousin's parents were dead...I cried :frown:

For me it has to be "A Serbian Film" The scene when she gives birth to the child and she dies is sooooooo sad :cry:
Original post by homeland.lsw
The bit when they realised the cousin's parents were dead...I cried :frown:

!!And the husband was a Hutu but his wife was a Tutsi :frown: i remember there being loads of machetes and blood :redface:
Original post by k.m.b
!!And the husband was a Hutu but his wife was a Tutsi :frown: i remember there being loads of machetes and blood :redface:

People in my school still call each other Tutsi cockroach...

Remember all the UN people left??? I was like nooooooooo how could you do this white people?

Quick Reply

Latest