The Student Room Group

how do i tell my boyf i used to self harm?

i dont want him to find out when he notices the scars on my hand as hell end up questioning me and i will get upset and awkward. i really like him and dont want him to think that im a nutcase or anything as being south asain self harming isnt really discussed where im from.

how can i tell him without him thinking bad of me, he kid of knows the life ive had and weve been only going out for a short while so our relationship is new.
Is he South Asian too?

Just because of your ethnicity doesnt mean you cant discuss things however it is a new relationship

Perhaps wear some long sleved shirts for the first few times you meet up and as he starts to know you better just be honest about it but make sure you tell him youve moved on now and am just lucky to be with him, thats should be fine! :h:
Have you tried "btw I used to self harm"?
Original post by Anonymous
i dont want him to find out when he notices the scars on my hand as hell end up questioning me and i will get upset and awkward. i really like him and dont want him to think that im a nutcase or anything as being south asain self harming isnt really discussed where im from.

how can i tell him without him thinking bad of me, he kid of knows the life ive had and weve been only going out for a short while so our relationship is new.

You could just wait until he sees them and then just explain... Or, sit him down and just say you wanted to talk to him about something because you were worried and take it from there.
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
Have you tried "btw I used to self harm"?

the bombshell right there :lol:

Original post by ivybridge
You could just wait until he sees them and then just explain... Or, sit him down and just say you wanted to talk to him about something because you were worried and take it from there.

i know hell understand if i tell him and show me sympathy but then itl make me feel like he looks down on me and have sympathy for me. i dont really like sympathy it makes me feel awkward lol
the bombshell right there :lol:

It worked worked me.

Maybe wait until you feel more confident with telling him stuff and then talk to him about it. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending