The Student Room Group

a452 OCR Computing Controlled Assessment HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSEStudent386
Yeah, that's absolutely fine - send away!

Did you happen to do the encryption task too? (Cipher)
Original post by itsjustzac
Did you happen to do the encryption task too? (Cipher)

I didn't unfortunately, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think my teacher has marked my controlled assessments to kindly but everyone else in my class has failed. Whats the chance of mine moving down a grade or two? I got 39/45 in my a453 btw
Reply 23
Hey, fellow CompSci Student here.

I see that you guys have finished the A453 Task, I have yet to start that this year and starting next year. I was wondering if any of you guys have done the A452 Task and could give me some pointers? How much words and how much detail did you guys put on each question?

Thanks for the help!
Reply 24
yeah i need help with tasks 1-3 pleaseeee help
Hey! It sounds like you've had a pretty awful experience with Conputing, sorry to hear about that!

Last year my school also focused on LMC for the second piece of coursework & my teacher is basically a God when it comes to teaching the subject so here's a few pointers about what I included & how to include them to a pretty high standard (I got full marks in it so hopefully it should help):

-Begin with an initial investigation; what is LMC? What does the program do to execute a success instruction? What commands are used to produce a piece of code?
- Summarise your investigation; what did you find? How will this help you throughout your project?
- Tasks 1-3 are pretty simple so if you need any help with them, just let me know!
- Tasks 4(i) & 4(ii); begin with a task analysis, outlining what the questions are asking, produce a flowchart or pseudocode on how to identify the logic behind the program, obviously write the program and annotate the purpose of different sections of code, test the success of the program by entering different numbers into the accumulator (does it produce what you expected in the output box? If not, how would you solve this error?)
- Tasks 5 & 6 are again pretty self explanatory so if you need any help on them, just let me know.

Hope this helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! It sounds like you've had a pretty awful experience with Conputing, sorry to hear about that!

Last year my school also focused on LMC for the second piece of coursework & my teacher is basically a God when it comes to teaching the subject so here's a few pointers about what I included & how to include them to a pretty high standard (I got full marks in it so hopefully it should help):

-Begin with an initial investigation; what is LMC? What does the program do to execute a success instruction? What commands are used to produce a piece of code?
- Summarise your investigation; what did you find? How will this help you throughout your project?
- Tasks 1-3 are pretty simple so if you need any help with them, just let me know!
- Tasks 4(i) & 4(ii); begin with a task analysis, outlining what the questions are asking, produce a flowchart or pseudocode on how to identify the logic behind the program, obviously write the program and annotate the purpose of different sections of code, test the success of the program by entering different numbers into the accumulator (does it produce what you expected in the output box? If not, how would you solve this error?)
- Tasks 5 & 6 are again pretty self explanatory so if you need any help on them, just let me know.

Hope this helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope this helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,
I am a year 11 student and I don't really understand from my teacher and now it is the time that we have to do our controlled assessment at, I really don't get what I need or have to do for any of the tasks.
can you please help me to understand what I exactly need to do for tasks one, two and three? if you don't mind!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending