The Student Room Group

Life Help

Ok,So now i am currently sitting my IGCSE exams and I was looking forward to doing IB and also I am fond of doing Architecture in the future. But I have failed to recognise this before and instead of choosing art i chose IT and now i am not very good at art but I still want to do architecture. I looked at the IB entry form and one of the things was Visual Arts. Do you need to have studied art to do Visual Arts and is it too difficult to do in my position due to me not doing art in my IGCSEs
Thanks,
Ahmed S
Reply 1
Depends on the entry criteria of each college/sixth form, otherwise you can give it until results day and talk to them when you enrol, maybe they'll let you switch if the blocks fit and they appreciate your situation?
I want to be an architect and I've taken the route of maths, physics, DT product design and psychology for my Alevels. This is just what suited me though. There is so many subject combinations you can take to get into architecture. Especially at university a lot of them ask for grades in any subject and are not subject specific. I contacted a local architect who was going through his degree at the moment and he said pretty much the same. My sixth form head told me I had to take geography but that was a load of rubbish, that was simply one of the thousands of subjects you could take to get into it. IT is a great subject for architecture as a lot of firms use CAD and software like that nowadays.
Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by RandomPerson1999
I want to be an architect and I've taken the route of maths, physics, DT product design and psychology for my Alevels. This is just what suited me though. There is so many subject combinations you can take to get into architecture. Especially at university a lot of them ask for grades in any subject and are not subject specific. I contacted a local architect who was going through his degree at the moment and he said pretty much the same. My sixth form head told me I had to take geography but that was a load of rubbish, that was simply one of the thousands of subjects you could take to get into it. IT is a great subject for architecture as a lot of firms use CAD and software like that nowadays.
Hope this helps! :smile:

Yeah So im saying is it still possible to do Visual Arts in IB since it extremely helps if i never done art and im not good in art?
I personally wouldn't. You can see if over summer you can speak to someone to ask whether they would. I had this issue with geography. I didn't take it got GCSE and people were telling me I had to take it. This is why I spoke to a local architect. I'd see if you can get in contact with someone who could help or speak to your college/sixth form head. If you're bad at it though I honestly in my opinion wouldn't because Alevels are super hard especially if you didn't take it before. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
I personally wouldn't. You can see if over summer you can speak to someone to ask whether they would. I had this issue with geography. I didn't take it got GCSE and people were telling me I had to take it. This is why I spoke to a local architect. I'd see if you can get in contact with someone who could help or speak to your college/sixth form head. If you're bad at it though I honestly in my opinion wouldn't because Alevels are super hard especially if you didn't take it before. Hope this helps :smile:

Well thanks a lot man I really appreciate your advice and good luck with your architecture! :biggrin:
Original post by Ahmed_Sharaf
Well thanks a lot man I really appreciate your advice and good luck with your architecture! :biggrin:

If you need anymore help just send me a message, always happy to help :smile:
Reply 7
If you need anymore help just send me a message, always happy to help :smile:

Will Do Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest