The Student Room Group

I did 9 HOURS REVISION TODAY!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lewis H01
Doesn't matter how much you study, it matter how much you understand and see one thing you shouldn't do is time yourself. You should study until your brain can't store any more information..

That's exactly what I did, made sure I understood everything and then did exam question on the topic to test myself before moving on...
:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by ForestShadow
damnnn, you got many exams?make Sunday productive then!

very good point, did you do much revision prior to this weekend? Anything more than 2 hours a day? Just want to see how I compare with the revision master:tongue:wow that is so clever!

very good point, Ill do that tmr and Monday as I have study leave then

Havent done my chem revision yet as its only internal for that one and its about a month away....

Ah well good luck on your paper, do share what you got!:tongue:and thank you:biggrin:

Well not really this much "effective" revision since my mock exams. I did do a couple of hours some days but today the most!! :smile:

I've now learnt the perfect technique of revision. The secret is to work backwards!

Yeah and thanks man! Good luck!! :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by mariam687
WELL DONE !!!

im so proud of u :smile:

Thanks Mariam! :smile:

😄
Reply 23
Original post by Platopus
Congratulations. As for me... I reached level 1176 of candy crush today. Gonna nail those exams.

Hehe start now!! 😂
Im actually at that point that when im learning certain bits of a topic , im forgetting bits in another topic :redface:
Ive just done 6 hours of revision but well done:biggrin:
That's goals man, i've been so unproductive today. i've just been so drained and unmotivated. Inshallah I have at least a 6 hour day tomorrow
Original post by whydoidothis?
done 0 so far, first exam on tuesday.

How do you feel about the upcoming exam?
Reply 27
:frown: OK.. I'll stick to 9 or 10 hrs. :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Ayaz789
Im actually at that point that when im learning certain bits of a topic , im forgetting bits in another topic :redface:
Ive just done 6 hours of revision but well done:biggrin:

Damn! Good luck man! Try flash cards and review the, regularly...
Reply 29
Original post by GCSEstudentt
That's goals man, i've been so unproductive today. i've just been so drained and unmotivated. Inshallah I have at least a 6 hour day tomorrow

Sleep early today and wake up early tomorrow, start early and plan your revision and get rid of all distractions, good luck!! :-)
I did 4 hours of revision
Did 14 pages in that time
So u did well for 9 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Xenon_
Damn! Good luck man! Try flash cards and review the, regularly...

I do Maths and further maths so im more of a past papers guy haha:u:
Original post by _Xenon_

I've now learnt the perfect technique of revision. The secret is to work backwards!

Yeah and thanks man! Good luck!! :wink:

Reply 33
Original post by Ayaz789
I do Maths and further maths so im more of a past papers guy haha:u:

Oh OK. I never forget Maths once I've learned it haha but you're doing the tougher Maths!! 😁

Good luck though. :wink:
Original post by _Xenon_
Oh OK. I never forget Maths once I've learned it haha but you're doing the tougher Maths!! 😁

Good luck though. :wink:

Haha thanks! Appreciate the good luck Haha:biggrin: You too!:smile:
Keep going!
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks Mariam! :smile:

np keep it up yh? :smile:
Original post by _Xenon_
Hehe start now!! 😂

But level 1200 is so close!!!
Reply 37
Original post by ForestShadow

A lot of people think that the best way to revise is like this:

Revision Guide > Note-taking > Exam Paper > Review/solutions

The first two are where 80% of your time and effort is being wasted.

Most people start from the front and go that way and won't move on to past paper until they've 'learned' all of the content.

That's so inefficient and time wasting because when you learn something and then check again after a couple of hours if you can remember exactly what you had noted down chances are you'd forget most of it, only when you go over it several times will it stick in your head.

Most of your results actually come from the last step! Review/mark scheme and people spend least amount of time here...

REVIEWING papers as you go along is most important. See where and why you're going wrong and don't make those mistakes again.

UNDERSTAND the mark scheme as that's what examiners use ...

For most effective revision now here is the secret:

Exam Paper > Review/mark scheme > Revision Guide > Note-taking

Start an exam question and work backwards... :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by mariam687
np keep it up yh? :smile:

Yep I will, thanks!!!
Reply 39
Original post by Platopus
But level 1200 is so close!!!

Hehe that isn't important, delete the game!!!!! :u:

Quick Reply