The Student Room Group

What Universities don't require a Maths GCSE?

its not gonna happen lads x
(edited 7 years ago)
I m afraid barely anywhere doesn't, see if there's anywhere that takes a level 2 equivalent maybe
Reply 2
Most courses I've looked at for university want maths C or above at GCSE but I think there are some degrees with a foundation year that will let you on without. Best way to find out is contact universities or someone who is doing the course you are looking to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by annamays

Well, Cambridge doesn't ask for any specific GCSEs (except for Medicine).

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/gcse-and-a-level-requirements-facts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I fear thee may be roguish.
Reply 5
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I fear thee may be roguish.

No. 'tis a fact good sir.

Indeed Imperial is similar. And others may be too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
York for many if not all courses.
Original post by jneill
No. 'tis a fact good sir.

Indeed Imperial is similar. And others may be too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I didn't doubt it's facty credentials. I just thought it was a tad ambitious of someone who has given up on achieving even a C at Maths GCSE to apply to Camb. Thought I sensed sarcasm :biggrin:.
Some universities will overlook it - but generally because you took other qualifications at 15/16 or because it isn't necessary for the course (eg for some creative courses).

HOWEVER it's important for a lot of universities and courses (if GCSEs were part of your schooling) because they know that English & Maths GCSE at C or above are minimum requirements for a lot of graduate jobs. They don't want to admit you on a degree course only for you to end up unemployed at the end because you don't have the basics.
Original post by annamays

London Metropolitan
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by democracyforum
London Metropolitan

Droll, but not entirely true.
Original post by democracyforum
London Metropolitan

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/applying/undergraduate/entry-requirements/
"In most instances, three passes at GCSE level or equivalent at Grade C or above including English Language and where required Maths"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending