The Student Room Group

Do you have to tell your partner your sexual history?

So I have a shady sexual history, just got into an arguement with someone on another forum that if you don't tell them all of your sexual history, you're a manipulative, selfish guy who can't get a girl without lying.

Dunno how true this is, I swear most people in couples don't tell all.

Scroll to see replies

I ve always told all and don't see why you shouldn't really.
No, in fact I'd rather not hear about any future partner's history
There's nothing good that can come from that conversation, so I'd rather just avoid it entirely
You should. Honestly I don't see what excuse you to have to not tell the truth. If I found out my partner lied about their past, for any reason, I would dump them immediately. What reason do you have to lie? If your girlfriend doesn't ask or care, then you don't have to say anything but if you lie after they've asked, you are proving you are untrustworthy.
(edited 7 years ago)
You don't have to if you don't want to. I think personally what's more important is you stay faithful and loving to each other. Everyone is out the picture now.

Good luck x
You shouldnt lie and you shouldnt expose your partner to risk, so you should get checked and use agreed levels of protection. i dont think you have to tell all.
Reply 6
The past is in the past.

But if she asks you have to be honest.
Reply 7
Original post by LimpBizkitFan
So I have a shady sexual history, just got into an arguement with someone on another forum that if you don't tell them all of your sexual history, you're a manipulative, selfish guy who can't get a girl without lying.

You will be foolish to.
The less the better
Reply 8
I've never told because they've never asked. It's the best way imo.
Reply 9
Original post by mary12k
The past is in the past.

But if she asks you have to be honest.

This.

My girlfriend might not want to hear everything about my past sex life. But if she wants to know, I'd be honest.
I'd appreciate it if they told me about any STDs
My sister's boyf told her about his past how he'd role play gorillas in a zoo and have gorilla-feeder sex tbh if your history is like that pls keep it to yourself thnx
Don't just say it but if you get asked then be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The person also said me not being straight up about my sexual history is the equivalent of her not saying how she has Std's or the kids are not mine.
I'm happy with sharing mine; I don't have much of one to begin with. That said, the more important question is what would my partner do or how would she react to the information? Too many factors come into play here; some women might think I'm inexperienced, some might thing I'm "just right", some might be insecure about it as a result of no/lack of experience themselves or just insecurity in general.

The solid answer is, NO, YOU DON'T, because your sexual history is part of YOUR life and is YOUR business. Withhold that information if you so desire, but I would endeavor to clearly express why without seeming too shady. Just be upfront and say you chose not to share that part of your life with others no matter how close because at the end of the day your experiences are what made you are into the person you are today.

On the flipside, I will admit to being uneasy hearing about any potential partner's history. Always have been, but that's my issue to deal with and it's also why I don't plan to ask.
If your partner asks i think you should tell them. Other than that, no.

Although proceed carefully because often not much good will come from telling someone intimate off all your previous encounters of plowing through tainted vatch or being spitroasted and cream pied by two sweaty blokes down the pub
Original post by ImagineCats
My sister's boyf told her about his past how he'd role play gorillas in a zoo and have gorilla-feeder sex tbh if your history is like that pls keep it to yourself thnx

Now that is something that could have been kept to himself

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAA

I am dying! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just lie and downplay.
(edited 7 years ago)

Just lie and downplay. Everyone does it.

Spoiler

why does it matter, does the fact you have put your genitals in another persons genitals affect anything other than maybe making them jealous, you shouldn't have to say if you dont want to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending