The Student Room Group

Quotations for Carlson, Candy and crooks

can people give me some quotations please as well as what they highlight, exam on Monday feel weakest in these characters absolutely shitting myself!!
Reply 1
Crooks - literally all of chapter 4, you can analyse all of his room and what each object could represent/alternative meanings and how he's segregated
Carlson - possibly the last line where he's like to Curly "what the hell do you think is eatin those two guys" and theres a few good quotes when he takes the dog out to kill it and how he's apologetic
Candy - there's a few quotes when his dog does die where he faces the wall (you can say some stuff about that, he doesn't want the others to see his feelings etc) and the part where he's left in the barn on his own with Curly's wife he says something worth looking at as well
Candy- · He was the best damn sheep dog I everhad

· A guy on the ranch don’t never listen…nor he don’t ast no questions· I’d make a will an’ leave my share toyou guys· “Poor bastard” he said softly· I wisht somebody’d shoot me
Crooks -

Crooks scowled, but Lennie's disarming smile defeated him. "Come on in and set a while," Crooks said. "'Long as you won't get out and leave me alone, you might as well set down." His tone was a little more friendly.

"George can tell you screwy things, and it don't matter It's just the talking. It's just bein' with another guy. That's all."

"You got no right to come in my room. This here's my room. Nobody got any right in here but me."

"There wasn’t another colored family for miles around. And now there ain’t a colored man on this ranch an’ there’s jus’ one family in Soledad."

"I seen hunderds of men come by on the road an’ on the ranches, with their bindles on their back an’ that same damn thing in their heads."

"This is just a ****** talkin', an' a busted-back ******. So it don't mean nothing, see?"

She turned on him in scorn. "Listen, ******," she said. "You know what I can do to you if you open your trap?"

"Crooks' bunk was a long box"

"copy of the California civil code for 1905"

"they let the ****** in that night"

Carlson-
"He ain't no good to you, Candy. An' he ain't no good to himself"
- I haven't really done Carlson I'd just talk about the gun that is used to shoot Candy's dog is his which is the same as Lennie's and it's done in the same way and has the same effect on the people.
Reply 3
Original post by LaurenHannahL
Candy- · He was the best damn sheep dog I everhad

· A guy on the ranch don’t never listen…nor he don’t ast no questions· I’d make a will an’ leave my share toyou guys· “Poor bastard” he said softly· I wisht somebody’d shoot me
Crooks -

Crooks scowled, but Lennie's disarming smile defeated him. "Come on in and set a while," Crooks said. "'Long as you won't get out and leave me alone, you might as well set down." His tone was a little more friendly.

"George can tell you screwy things, and it don't matter It's just the talking. It's just bein' with another guy. That's all."

"You got no right to come in my room. This here's my room. Nobody got any right in here but me."

"There wasn’t another colored family for miles around. And now there ain’t a colored man on this ranch an’ there’s jus’ one family in Soledad."

"I seen hunderds of men come by on the road an’ on the ranches, with their bindles on their back an’ that same damn thing in their heads."

"This is just a ****** talkin', an' a busted-back ******. So it don't mean nothing, see?"

She turned on him in scorn. "Listen, ******," she said. "You know what I can do to you if you open your trap?"

"Crooks' bunk was a long box"

"copy of the California civil code for 1905"

"they let the ****** in that night"

Carlson-
"He ain't no good to you, Candy. An' he ain't no good to himself"
- I haven't really done Carlson I'd just talk about the gun that is used to shoot Candy's dog is his which is the same as Lennie's and it's done in the same way and has the same effect on the people.
Thank you so much xx
Original post by mckeogh
Thank you so much xx

You're welcome, good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending