The Student Room Group

What will happen if I fail English Lit (hopefully not) but pass Language?

I have an AQA English Lit exam tomorrow and I'm scared that I'm going to fail but I'm very confident about Language. Is it gonna be considered as a fail if I fail literature but pass language or are they separate?
Original post by D.E.Jessica
I have an AQA English Lit exam tomorrow and I'm scared that I'm going to fail but I'm very confident about Language. Is it gonna be considered as a fail if I fail literature but pass language or are they separate?

They are both seperate and Language matters more to universities than Literature it doesn't even matter as much If you fail literature

They are separate GCSEs i.e. you could get an A* in one and a U in the other.
Reply 3

Completely separate. Failing lit won't ruin your future (unless you want to do it at A-level or as a degree)
They're separate, usually English Lang is a requirement for sixth forms and certain courses. I didn't pass English Lit but got English Language so it doesn't matter too much tbh
Reply 5

you need 5 gases a* to c to get into collage. The only one required are maths and english language.
Reply 6
Is it???Are you sure. I have failed English language but passed literature.Is it still a pass.Please tell me if you know.
Mahtab rajput

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending