The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

WHAT DID EVERYONE GET FOR THE QUESTION IN SECTION A, It gave you 3 choices with one box circled and said why would this be good design or something?

I wrote it reduces human error
Reply 241
Original post by alx2000
for the firewall I said it blocks certain IP addresses which the user doesn't want to be accessed on their computer. Do you think that's any good?

I just said it protects against viruses :s-smilie:
Reply 242
Original post by Ethan100
If the easier typed questions that were in the 2015 paper seemed quite weird this time. For example, The Navigation website question

Did you get linear for the first one and like flowchart for design notation
Original post by jj1814
I said identity theft (don't think it's right) for the first one and viewing illegal content for the second

I said distribution of viruses and accessing someone else's computer with the intent of committing a further crime such as identity theft
Ohhh what did you write for the question that had num1 num2 and random ? I forgot the numbers but Num2 was bigger than Num1 and Random was bigger than num 1 but smaller than num 2. The guess was "m" so I said that they were correct.

Oh and is the guess variable, A string or character data type ?
Original post by Lewis H01

Hierarchical and flowchart
I wrote that it ensured that the answers were sensible, but I think you're right. Honestly though that question was so badly written, I could have corrected their English for a good part of the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said hierarchical then flowchart and then that it gives a visual representation of the sequence of events
Reply 248
Original post by A+Hunter
Hierarchical and flowchart

What the hell is hierarchical?

I wrote for that question it give like drop-down menus?
This was weird because they literally showed you a flowchart! I wasn't sure if they wanted another kind of design notation or not, it was so vague.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhh what did you write for the question that had num1 num2 and random ? I forgot the numbers but Num2 was bigger than Num1 and Random was bigger than num 1 but smaller than num 2. The guess was "m" so I said that they were correct.

Oh and is the guess variable, A string or character data type ?

Oh here's my code for it. Again I'm sure it's wrong, I wasn't very good with the pseudocode questions:

RECIEVE num1 FROM KEYBOARD
RECIEVE num2 FROM KEYBOARD
IF num2 < Num1 THEN
SEND "Num2 must be bigger than Num1" TO DISPLAY
REPEAT UNTIL num2 > Num1
End IF
What the hell is hierarchical?

I wrote for that question it give like drop-down menus?

What question sorry?

Original post by pandasaurus rex
This was weird because they literally showed you a flowchart! I wasn't sure if they wanted another kind of design notation or not, it was so vague.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, terrible wording of the question.
It's one of the two structures you had to know, it was either hierarchical (there was a home page which linked into more and more pages) or linear. (Each page is linked to each other, =[]=[]=[]=)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you think will happen to grade boundaries ? Stay the same probably, right ?
Reply 254
It's one of the two structures you had to know, it was either hierarchical (there was a home page which linked into more and more pages) or linear. (Each page is linked to each other, =[]=[]=[]=)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they may accept two answers for that one...

What did people get for the question about how to like remove the decimal place or something like that?
I don't think the pass mark will be 50%, but you never know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! How did the exam go?
What do you think will happen to grade boundaries ? Stay the same probably, right ?

I don't think the pass mark will be 50%, but you never know

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of people found it hard, So I'm sure it's gonna be lowered.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Hey guys! How did the exam go?

kill me now.
Reply 259
Original post by A+Hunter
What question sorry?

I agree, terrible wording of the question.

What did you put for the novice question and the the other question in section A where it said why is it good for program to have a good code or something like that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending