The Student Room Group

Primark interview on Monday ! I have no clue Help !

Hey guys, I have an interview for a new Primark store has anyone had an interview recently ? Also did they show you a video or a presentation? cuz on the email it stated the interview will be 90 mintues!!! This is my first ever interview for a job and this is first time I applied for a job. Please help i have no clue !!!! thanks

Scroll to see replies

Primark? Don't be too upset if you don't get the job. Infact be happy
Reply 2
:confused::confused:
I recently had an interview with Primark and got the job and I love it there!
My interview was pretty simple but no where near 90 minutes!
Reply 4
Original post by jaski
Hey guys, I have an interview for a new Primark store has anyone had an interview recently ? Also did they show you a video or a presentation? cuz on the email it stated the interview will be 90 mintues!!! This is my first ever interview for a job and this is first time I applied for a job. Please help i have no clue !!!! thanks

Did you apply to work in a new store?

If so then you may be part of a group interview/exercise and there may be a presentation.

My interview was more like 15-20 minutes but I didn't apply to a new store.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ROC10
Did you apply to work in a new store?

If so then you may be part of a group interview/exercise and there may be a presentation.

My interview was more like 15-20 minutes but I didn't apply to a new store.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you yes it is for a new store
Reply 6
Original post by Jackieox

Okay Thank you :smile::smile::h:
Don't be too nervous just make sure you're smiley. People like to talk about themselves so when they ask you do you have any questions have a question ready.
They usually take in quite a lot of people at the same time so the reason for the long interview is probably because of that.
They asked me the same kind of generic questions like tell me about yourself and when did you have a bad experience with a customer etc. Just try and think of examples of what kind of things youd say.
They also are very welcoming to students/ young people.
Working there is not as bad as it looks but it can be annoying sometimes. But I've seen the new uniforms and well... I'm happy I left haha
Anyway good luck
Reply 8
Original post by Marie12three
Don't be too nervous just make sure you're smiley. People like to talk about themselves so when they ask you do you have any questions have a question ready.
They usually take in quite a lot of people at the same time so the reason for the long interview is probably because of that.
They asked me the same kind of generic questions like tell me about yourself and when did you have a bad experience with a customer etc. Just try and think of examples of what kind of things youd say.
They also are very welcoming to students/ young people.
Working there is not as bad as it looks but it can be annoying sometimes. But I've seen the new uniforms and well... I'm happy I left haha
Anyway good luck

Thank you. Just had it today wasn't that bad but ill find out in a week. :o:H:^_^:
does anyone know how primark contact if you have go the job, I'm really they send an email because my phone is broken and I'm really scared that they may to call me and they cant through to me .should I call? its only a day since my interview?
Original post by nicoleluci17
does anyone know how primark contact if you have go the job, I'm really they send an email because my phone is broken and I'm really scared that they may to call me and they cant through to me .should I call? its only a day since my interview?

Did you ask after interview? They normally email.
Hey, I started at a new store in November, my interview was really chill, I was in and out the door in less than 20 minutes! They do normally call you if you've got the job, maybe let your interviewer know that your phone is broken and advise them on an better way to contact you
Original post by bulbafxck
Hey, I started at a new store in November, my interview was really chill, I was in and out the door in less than 20 minutes! They do normally call you if you've got the job, maybe let your interviewer know that your phone is broken and advise them on an better way to contact you

thank you, I was able to get through to them go the job offer xx
Original post by nelfran29
Did you ask after interview? They normally email.

sorry for the late reply but yes they were able to get through to me thank though xx
Original post by jaski
Thank you. Just had it today wasn't that bad but ill find out in a week. :o:H:^_^:
What type of interview was it and did it last 90 minuets long as I've been sent the same email and I am applying for a new store
Reply 15
Hi I applied for the oxford street 20 hrs shifts and I received an email to choose my interview date so next week I should be there but how the interview is? After the interview as they asked me to bring my passport and my nin what will happen they'll tell me straight away when I'll start? They'll give me a uniform? Plz tell me something. How it'll be. Thanks
Original post by Esjo
Hi I applied for the oxford street 20 hrs shifts and I received an email to choose my interview date so next week I should be there but how the interview is? After the interview as they asked me to bring my passport and my nin what will happen they'll tell me straight away when I'll start? They'll give me a uniform? Plz tell me something. How it'll be. Thanks

The interview is just standard interview questions (Why do you want to work here, what can you bring to the team ect), they ask for your passport and nin to show you have right to work in the UK.

After that you'll go home and they usually call within 2 weeks (took a month for me though) and then if you get the job they'll tell you your start date.

On your induction (your start date) you order your uniform then
Reply 17
The interview is just standard interview questions (Why do you want to work here, what can you bring to the team ect), they ask for your passport and nin to show you have right to work in the UK.

After that you'll go home and they usually call within 2 weeks (took a month for me though) and then if you get the job they'll tell you your start date.

On your induction (your start date) you order your uniform then

Thanks so much for your response. So after the interview is not you'll start straight away?
Original post by Esjo
Thanks so much for your response. So after the interview is not you'll start straight away?

Usually theres a minimum of two weeks turnaround from the interview to actually starting
Reply 19

What have you done exactly and after the interview how long have you waited to start the job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending