The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Engineering Offer

Guys, what's the likely chance Imperial will give me an offer for Engineering? My stats are 6666677778 A*A*A.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Guys, what's the likely chance Imperial will give me an offer for Engineering? My stats are 6666677778 A*A*A.
Who knows? How was your admissions test and interview? My friend has got an offer for General Engineering and he's the smartest guy in our year.

10 grade 9s and 1 8. Finished top 8 in the country for Astronomy GCSE.

5 A* predictions in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing and EPQ. His admissions test was shaky from what he told me and his interview was good but it wasn't the best.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by vnayak
Who knows? How was your admissions test and interview? My friend has got an offer for General Engineering and he's the smartest guy in our year.

10 grade 9s and 1 8. Finished top 8 in the country for Astronomy GCSE.

5 A* predictions in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing and EPQ. His admissions test was shaky from what he told me and his interview was good but it wasn't the best.
Wow I’m not sure how I’m going to compete against people like that 😭😭. My admissions test wasn’t the best but I’ve been invited to an interview. Haven’t sat it yet, hopefully it goes well.
Reply 3
Wow I’m not sure how I’m going to compete against people like that 😭😭. My admissions test wasn’t the best but I’ve been invited to an interview. Haven’t sat it yet, hopefully it goes well.

Firstly, congrats on the interview invite - you've got past the hard bit (I think)! I'm sure you'll be alright.

Familiarise yourself with your personal statement. Make sure you are good with Physics and Maths and whatever else they are likely to ask (CS offer holder here so I have no clue what they are likely to ask you, sorry!). Take your time when answering questions - they are more interested in your approach than anything else. So long as you are systematic in your approach, you can prove to them that you are worthy. If you get the right answer, that is also a massive plus (which happened in my case. I had to get a prompt for the second question, though it was a small one but I absolutely smashed the first question. I used an approach my interviewer didn't consider, which I felt was a good sign).

As for competing with my friend, don't worry about that - no one can keep up with him in our year, it's CRAZY 😅! What's even crazier is that he actually got rejected from Cambridge so it made us all think about how insanely clever the people who got in must be. He got an interview and the score on one his ENGAA papers put him in the top 1% (the other one wasn't great but it was still above average) of all of the takers.

I wish you the best of luck!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Hi! Well done for getting an interview! All the best. When did you get the interview invite? I had the admissions test last Friday, and still have not heard back from them.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by crir
Hi! Well done for getting an interview! All the best. When did you get the interview invite? I had the admissions test last Friday, and still have not heard back from them.
If you've only been waiting a week, then it's not a problem. I had to wait 1 month to get my interview invite.
which engineering is this about?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
which engineering is this about?
General
Reply 8
Original post by crir
Hi! I got my interview invite a week after sitting my admissions test (Monday) but I know they're still handing out interview offers so you'll probably get yours soon !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending