The Student Room Group

So Stressed about OCR Computing, Please Help!!

i'm really stressed about the computing exam in less than a week's time! i've tried almost every way of revising but its just not going in. If anyone could help with anything, it would be amazing, thank you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Help, anyone?
GCSE or A-Level?
Reply 3
Original post by CompyNerd
GCSE or A-Level?

GCSE :smile:
Ah right, okay. You don't need to worry, especially with the coursework to boost your grade. Last year I didn't do as well as I should've in the exam, but I still managed an A overall! It will be alright, just go over your notes - read them aloud. I have the AS OCR Comp sci exam on monday, and that's what I'm doing to prepare. Also using the specification really helps.
Lol, at least you don't have a resistant materials teacher for computing science who's taught you binary for the past two years.
Original post by Mo De
i'm really stressed about the computing exam in less than a week's time! i've tried almost every way of revising but its just not going in. If anyone could help with anything, it would be amazing, thank you :smile:

Go through the past papers and try and get familiar with the answers. The questions will be fairly consistent each year.
Ah right, okay. You don't need to worry, especially with the coursework to boost your grade. Last year I didn't do as well as I should've in the exam, but I still managed an A overall! It will be alright, just go over your notes - read them aloud. I have the AS OCR Comp sci exam on monday, and that's what I'm doing to prepare. Also using the specification really helps.

Same :smile: Good luck on Monday! May the grade boundaries be low xD
There's some useful lesson-like videos on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxSWH6hIO5k&list=PL04uZ7242_M5n3zzAhcX-eslHud2Lyycd
I'd also recommend past papers, the questions are most likely going to be similar.
Its really not that hard, I've barely listened throughout the year and just done a past paper like a week ago and got like 93%.
Original post by Someboady
Same :smile: Good luck on Monday! May the grade boundaries be low xD

Thanks! You too, they'll bloody need to be at this rate. As it happens, ICT teachers can't teach computing. :closedeyes:
Thanks! You too, they'll bloody need to be at this rate. As it happens, ICT teachers can't teach computing. :closedeyes:

Hahaha very true xD I have never met a good Computing teacher ever. I think its a very consistent problem with Computer Science. Are you going to continue with it at A-level?
Reply 12
Hand on my heart, I got C grades for my coursework. And then a 3 days before the exam, I watched a bunch of youtube videos and made notes from those. I can honestly say its all memory stuff. And my memory is bad. But your short term memory will keep the info there up until the exam. I got an A for the paper. So over all I got a B.
Original post by Mo De

Ha ha same I am so **** at Computing I will probably get a D!
But there are playlists on youtube with videos on the whole course- just type OCR computing and you should find it.
Best of luck!:smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Mo De

Hey! Honestly, what everyone else has been saying is true; if you go through all of the past year's papers, you'll see there's a significant trend in the questions that come up (e.g. input & output devices are on almost every year).

Just go through them and look over the mark schemes, but also take note of the stuff fron the specification that has not come up e.g. environmental issues. These will likely be on in some format (whether in a large capacity or not).

Regardless, you'll do great & goodluck for Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Someboady
Hahaha very true xD I have never met a good Computing teacher ever. I think its a very consistent problem with Computer Science. Are you going to continue with it at A-level?

Yeah, I'm going to continue. I don't really have a choice though, it's either computer science or philosophy and ethics, and I cannot stand essay writing! Are you planning on continuing it?
Original post by btanonymous
lol, at least you don't have a resistant materials teacher for computing science who's taught you binary for the past two years.

are you talking about mr walker
Yeah, I'm going to continue. I don't really have a choice though, it's either computer science or philosophy and ethics, and I cannot stand essay writing! Are you planning on continuing it?

LOOL me neither. I both respect and pity those who do essay subjects xD. eerrr I'm doing it at Uni but idk if its worth continuing at A-level. I think I'd rather just do more Maths tbh... at least that's something I'll be mildly comfortable with when exams do come along.... *cries*
Original post by Mo De

bro firstly, take a deep breath it may seem like a lot but it's mostly common sense and if you are into technology then it should be interesting to you:

I suggest binge watching his videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxSWH6hIO5k&list=PL04uZ7242_M5n3zzAhcX-eslHud2Lyycd

Do it at speed 2 atleast 2 times before exam day.
Watch the playlist twice and it'll guarantee the grade you want.
Original post by GaryIsASloth
are you talking about mr walker

Who the flying sh*t is mr walker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending