The Student Room Group

Knife being kicked toward the body of a Palestinian man

Scroll to see replies

There are several Muslim countries who have no issue with Homosexuals and non Muslims , stop labelling every Muslim i have no issue with Jews , although those ultra orthodox ones can smd.

From an israeli perspective i can see the dielmia they face , either be rocketed to death or launch rockets back with the risk of civilan death. But some israeli soliders have killed unarmed inncoents several times when no such dielmia was present , other than wiping off the stain know as Palestine according to them. In all seriousness Israel is pretty racist :

In May 2012, disgruntlement toward Africans and calls for deportation and "blacks out" in Tel Aviv boiled over into death threats, fire bombings, rioting, and property destruction. Protesters blamed immigrants for worsening crime and the local economy, some of protesters were seen throwing eggs at African immigrants
Ethiopian Jews—who face virulent racial bigotry in a society in which politicians, including Prime Minister Netanyahu, regularly call African immigrants “infiltrators” and “cancer”—have drawn parallels between their struggle against systemic racism and the struggle of black Americans against systemic racism. - See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2015/07/detains-american-because/#sthash.hWIhWkVo.dpuf
Original post by BaconandSauce
No it's not (or if it is then I can show muslim countries with worse attitudes towards it's minorities but then this isn't a game of intolerance top trumps but if it is I will always win as I will always reference a Muslim country)

And you moved the goal posts as we were expecting you to tell us what happened after Hamas won the election as you initially brought this up as a counter to the pallys making their own beds and being responsible for their own choices

Considering 33% of them voted for Hamas , i don't see how they all made their beds.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Considering 33% of them voted for Hamas , i don't see how they all made their beds.

That's how politics work

The party with the most votes win and as I see little effort in getting rid of them I can't see how you can claim they have no support
Original post by BaconandSauce
That's how politics work

The party with the most votes win and as I see little effort in getting rid of them I can't see how you can claim they have no support

You stated that ALL of them made their beds , i don't care about how the political system works , half the population aren't even adults and basic maths states that only 33% voted for them , leaving 77% mainly teens and some adults to suffer at the hand of the minority. Obviously you lack empathy , not like you care considering it doesn't affect you.

Flawed arguments are tiring work , can we at least agree that Hamas is cancer and should be wiped out , large proportion of Palestinians are just victims and the building of illegal settlements is wrong. Although , redhead believes they have a right to kick them out based on the fact they lived there thousands of years ago. Following world war 2 over a million Jews from Europe moved to an area which was dominated by Palestinians , soon after over 800k of them were removed from the land. If humans weren't such ass holes they could live side by side in peace , but people like redhead just want to throw people off their land.

I won't be posting on this thread again , i don't even know why i wasted my time and fyi redhead rebuttling by saying ooo look Muslim countries are also hateful to minorities etc , does that make the actions of Israel right? No it doesn't have a good day.

If humans weren't such ass holes they could live side by side in peace

I would respond but can see you've lost the will (TBH so have I)

But this I agree fully with
Originally? I don't think we should be creating modern states based on historical states. Isn't that exactly what ISIS are trying to do? All ISIS are trying to do is to essentially refound their Islamic caliphate and restore the lands which "originally" belonged to Muslims.

The fact is that up to about 1900, the Jewish population native to the Israeli/Palestinian region only comprised some 8% of the total population. So as for recent history, the Jews were never really in a position to claim the Israeli/Palestinian land as the land of the Jewish people. Although the migrations of Sephardic Jews from the Arab world and Ashkenazi Jews from Europe in the 20th century have largely altered those demographics. Any present Jewish state should not be based upon some vague ancient historical tie to the land.
Your logic is full on retarded , you don't feel sympthay because people in the past treated in the minority badly? We should all go and kill germans because of what the Nazis did too?

In terms of the slaughter instigated , Christanity is on par in terms of death toll with Islam throughout history from the Crusades , French wars of religion etc where millions of people died. Idk why you hate them so much , majority are just getting abused by the Israeli goverment , including children who ' need to get their arse handed to them on a plate.

Calculating the deaths caused by both religions throughout history is close to impossible , but both caused several millions of deaths. I didn't know you were religious quite surprised , anyway you can hate Islam all you like but using that hatred to agree with a regime which systematically slaughters , builds illegal settlements and attacks innocent children as being legitimate is just retarded. In terms of the worst horrors committed they were mainly due to political ideology rather than religion

Can you not use this sort of language please?
There are several Muslim countries who have no issue with Homosexuals and non Muslims , stop labelling every Muslim i have no issue with Jews , although those ultra orthodox ones can smd.

From an israeli perspective i can see the dielmia they face , either be rocketed to death or launch rockets back with the risk of civilan death. But some israeli soliders have killed unarmed inncoents several times when no such dielmia was present , other than wiping off the stain know as Palestine according to them. In all seriousness Israel is pretty racist :

In May 2012, disgruntlement toward Africans and calls for deportation and "blacks out" in Tel Aviv boiled over into death threats, fire bombings, rioting, and property destruction. Protesters blamed immigrants for worsening crime and the local economy, some of protesters were seen throwing eggs at African immigrants
Ethiopian Jews—who face virulent racial bigotry in a society in which politicians, including Prime Minister Netanyahu, regularly call African immigrants “infiltrators” and “cancer”—have drawn parallels between their struggle against systemic racism and the struggle of black Americans against systemic racism. - See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2015/07/detains-american-because/#sthash.hWIhWkVo.dpuf

Hmm, well, I never claimed Isreal was some kind of 'god' state to be emulated in every manner, it's just that they are so much more first world than most of the countries in that area. Racism happens everywhere and in every country, the Arabic word 'abed' comes to mind especially in reference to black people

Which muslim countries do not have a problem with homosexuals?

I do disagree with soldiers killing unarmed innocents though
Same-sexsexual intercourse is legal in 20 Muslim-majority nations (Albania, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad,Djibouti, GuineaBissau, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Niger, Tajikistan, Turkey, West Bank (State of Palestine), and most of Indonesia (except in Aceh and South Sumatra provinces, where bylaws against LGBT rights have been passed), as well as Northern Cyprus)
In terms of marriage i think all of the ban same sex marriage , but several allow gay people to live freely according to the law. Btw i already stated that comparing Israeli racism to racism by other Islamic states doesn't make it ok , Saudi Arabia in terms of it's ruling monarchy are far worse than Israel.

You do realise according to Christianity , Homosexuality is wrong. Overall , i listed several countries which allow homosexual relationships , but not marriage which was only recently made legal in western countries such as America. Also what does the Israel being more first world have anything to do with racism , it's rife regardless of affluence of nation. I'm not going to generalize the entirety of the arab world , but you're right they are such hypocrites they hate their own religious brethren based on colour , i don't care if someone states you can't judge their faith , i just did ( not towards u , just other peeps who will question me)
Compared to what Palestinians do this is tiny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imagine if Israel was full of European people and not Jews, who survived the Holohoax.

I mean honestly Israel has largest population of survivors, a huge chunk even speak Russian because they came from the Soviet Union where they were Stalin's executioners.

They're now introducing a death penalty only for non-Jews.

Why aren't they called far-right, fascist?

These only apply to one people.
Original post by childofthesun
Obviously not. But your comment was making it seem like this was a one off incident involving a few rogue Israelis.

Perhaps ask for it to be clarified, rather than make unnecessary assumptions.
Original post by Maestosa
Israel 'trying to hide its murders'...by showing the video in military court and charging the offender with manslaughter? Yeah, good cover up.

Original post by Aceadria
So, you're going to generalise about an entire nation based on the actions of a few? Isn't that what you apologists are fighting against?

These posts sum up my viewpoint well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending