The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@FireFreezer77 I think the exact same thing! I think I have OCD aswell.
Original post by AthiaKarim
It's good you've learnt to ignore them. But, what bullies say to hurt you isn't the truth. They conjure the most disgusting lies and attack you with them to hurt you. So don't believe what they say. Distance yourself away from them and surround yourself around the things and people that make YOU happy.

It feels better now that theyve backed off a bit. Made one of them look like an idiot today (he tried do it to me but it backfired haha)!
I suppose it isnt. They come up with some utter ********!
Yeah that sounds accurate, it sucks but its true!
Im doing my best to distamce myself but they come to me! So annoying!
I shall do my best to do that!
Thankyou! :hugs:
Original post by student.feed
@FireFreezer77 I think the exact same thing! I think I have OCD aswell.

Really? Im not if thats good or bad tbh.
If you think that i would defo speak to someone. It will only get worse!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Really? Im not if thats good or bad tbh.
If you think that i would defo speak to someone. It will only get worse!

It was really bad especially when I was younger but it has gotten better.
It was really bad especially when I was younger but it has gotten better.

Ah well im sorry to hear that!
But im glad to hear its gotten better for you!
Ocd is not a nice thing to live with!
Ah well im sorry to hear that!
But im glad to hear its gotten better for you!
Ocd is not a nice thing to live with!

True. I tried to shrug it off and carry on with my day. did anyone have this thing for example if your left hand tapped something twice you would have to do the same thing to your right?
True. I tried to shrug it off and carry on with my day. did anyone have this thing for example if your left hand tapped something twice you would have to do the same thing to your right?

I think thats the best thing to do, its incredibly hard though.
Yeah i have that happen to me. But thats only a minor issue for me.
Original post by Rhythmical
@FireFreezer77
While the situation hasn't become amazing, I'm glad it is improving and with your determination and strength, you can allow yourself to become a better person than those bullies ever will be, telling someone is the best advice you can give to someone who is experiencing bullying, never keep it bottled up.

:hugs: you can get through anything!

Thankyou for reading! I really appreciate it!
It is improving although today wasn't great tbh.
Aww Thankyou! That's really nice of you to say!!!
It sure is! The situation can then be monitored and solved!
No defo don't keep it bottled up!

:hugs: Thankyou!
Debating whether or not to stop the blog.
I'm not sure it's working tbh.
Thoughts?
Anyone actually interested in it?
Thoughts?

I am interested! Just not well enough atm to read and comment etc :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I am interested! Just not well enough atm to read and comment etc :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well that's 3 then.
It's ok. I'm not concerned by you not reading and commenting. I'm more concerned about you getting better tbh! That's what I want to happen!
Ah well that's 3 then.
It's ok. I'm not concerned by you not reading and commenting. I'm more concerned about you getting better tbh! That's what I want to happen!

Hopefully it will happen eventually! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

X

Wow, I'd never know just how brutal OCD could be. I had some kind of idea, but had never really been able to really understand it as much.

This blog of yours is a great idea, and you're so brave to open up about it online! You're helping to raise awareness about issues that I, as well as many others, have been blind to.

I'd love to read more about this, can you tag me in the next one, please? :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thoughts?

I am interested (•ө•)♡
I think you're doing a great thing by diligently writing out your first hand experience with an issue many of us tend to take lightly. So, if it helps you, then do continue this. Thank you. (^.^;
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hopefully it will happen eventually! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sure hope so!
You deserve to be happy! :hugs:
Original post by flyingpanda
Wow, I'd never know just how brutal OCD could be. I had some kind of idea, but had never really been able to really understand it as much.

This blog of yours is a great idea, and you're so brave to open up about it online! You're helping to raise awareness about issues that I, as well as many others, have been blind to.

I'd love to read more about this, can you tag me in the next one, please? :h:

Hey, Thankyou for reading!
OCD is not a nice thing at all!
Ah ok, it's good that you knew a bit about it beforehand (most people don't).
I'm glad your understanding has increased now! That means a lot to me!

Aww Thankyou! I really appreciate that!
Aw thanks! It wasn't easy to start with but its all ok now!
That was my inspiration for starting the blog tbh. I'm glad it's working!

I will tag you but I'm not sure if I'm gonna carry it on anymore tbh.
But if I do I will tag you!
Original post by habibtii
I am interested (•ө•)♡
I think you're doing a great thing by diligently writing out your first hand experience with an issue many of us tend to take lightly. So, if it helps you, then do continue this. Thank you. (^.^;

Aw Thankyou!
I really appreciate you saying that! I just wanted to raise awareness for mental illnesses tbh. That's why I started the blog.
I'm not too sure if it helps me anymore though. I'm losing motivation tbh,
No worries!
I just don't feel it's any good anymore tbh.

Thanks for the follow btw!
I shall return the favour!
Aw Thankyou!
I really appreciate you saying that! I just wanted to raise awareness for mental illnesses tbh. That's why I started the blog.
I'm not too sure if it helps me anymore though. I'm losing motivation tbh,
No worries!
I just don't feel it's any good anymore tbh.

Thanks for the follow btw!
I shall return the favour!

I wish I could raise awareness too, but I'm afraid people don't take me seriously .-.
there's definitely a need for it, since mental illnesses are not as visible as physical illnesses - and are therefore not taken as seriously, whereas physical illness is more likely to be sympathised with.
Do whatever makes you feel at ease. Thanks for returning the favour. <3
Original post by habibtii
I wish I could raise awareness too, but I'm afraid people don't take me seriously .-.
there's definitely a need for it, since mental illnesses are not as visible as physical illnesses - and are therefore not taken as seriously, whereas physical illness is more likely to be sympathised with.
Do whatever makes you feel at ease. Thanks for returning the favour. <3

I'm sure you can raise awareness somehow! I take you seriously!
That's very true, very true indeed.
They should be taken seriously because they are serious conditions which alter people's lives!
Idk tbh, I've run out of things to talk about anyway. Plus I think everyone's bored of it.
No worries!
Living Life On The Edge: My daily routine has changed

Hey all!

Today's post shall be about a formidable force called OCD.
Now as you know I have OCD and have talked about my experiences. So what else could I possible say you ask.
Well I'll tell you!

OCD can do many things to you. But the main thing it does, is change your daily life. Now I'm sure no one is surprised to hear that, but I'm going to explain (or at least try to) how it does that!

OCD makes you do things which you know are completely irrational but you have to do them in order to feel relief from the symptoms!For example:

Spoiler

Now I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but trust me (and I'm sure others can relate), it's the most annoying thing ever! You just want to leave and do something else, but OCD is like 'nope! You're staying here until I say so' Once you feel relief, you just sigh and walk away and do something fun! You do something fun because you get upset from the fact that you've just spent ages doing something you know wasn't necessary (even though it kind of was).

Having OCD changes your daily routine completely. You just end up avoiding the stuff that triggers it. Therefore you can end up staying in the house all the time if you fear of getting contaminated by something (like me). You just want to try and make yourself as comfortable as possible! Sometimes this can be relatively easy, but most times it doesn't work out that way and something triggers you off anyway.

OCD also alters how you do things. You will be constantly aware of everything going on around you, just to make sure that your safe from being triggered. You always live in fear of the next time you get triggered (because it always happens again). You end up just avoiding doing anything so that you can be free from this monstrosity for however brief that time period is!It's extremely difficult and upsetting to live with because you just want to be able to do what you want, when you want to. But you can't because you're trapped by this menace!I still get tearful at times when I get really bad. It just feels like it will never end as it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse!
I wish none of you ever have to experience OCD!

OCD is one of those things that no matter how hard you try, you just can't shake it! It's a baddy that just never dies! It never loses its energy! It deserves to die!

If anyone wants to talk to me privately about any issues they are experiencing, I'm more than happy to try and help out!

I'm not sure if I've written that very well at all tbh.
I know that @Spock's Socks will be able to explain this better and I'd recommend checking out her blog for more info on OCD.

As always thanks for reading!
I appreciate all of the comments you guys leave!
I love reading them (let's me know I'm doing ok) and keeps my motivation up!

I will always do my best to respond too!

Hope you're all well!
Thankyou!
Bye for now!

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending