The Student Room Group

I think we need to start reconsidering our relationship with ISIS?

What i mean is that these are people's brothers fathers and sons, and they are now in a losing position. And i am the first to point out that the terrible things they have done, are unacceptable. But they are still human beings, and we need to move on.

A lot of bad things have done, but this is a demographic we have demonized and driven in to a corner. Rather than to continue to hurl bombs and bullets at down, i think now is the time to sit down with the isis high command and negotiate a truce, okay?!?

Scroll to see replies

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/canon-andrew-white-vicar-of-baghdad-on-leading-a-church-in-iraq-and-being-in-the-crosshairs-of-isis-a6716616.html

Spoiler

After you mate. Feel free to talk to nutters who think killing Muslims, Christians, non-believers, gays & pretty much anyone they don't like the look of is totally fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by john2054
What i mean is that these are people's brothers fathers and sons, and they are now in a losing position. And i am the first to point out that the terrible things they have done, are unacceptable. But they are still human beings, and we need to move on.

A lot of bad things have done, but this is a demographic we have demonized and driven in to a corner. Rather than to continue to hurl bombs and bullets at down, i think now is the time to sit down with the isis high command and negotiate a truce, okay?!?
These are irrational people who wouldn't consent to such negotioations. They see it as a Holy War, to be fought at all costs, to the last. Anything else would let Allah down and be tantamount to apostasy, in their eyes.
ISIS are not at all interested in negotiations, and their ideology and aims are fundamentally incompatible with negotiations. Ridiculous idea.
You make it sound like an article in cosmopolitan about salvaging a broken relationship.

It's not that simple, and the problem runs far deeper than having a cup of tea and agreeing to peace. These people are mad fanatics who cannot be reasoned with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Sorry but I do not agree
Reply 6
Original post by Tootles
These are irrational people who wouldn't consent to such negotioations. They see it as a Holy War, to be fought at all costs, to the last. Anything else would let Allah down and be tantamount to apostasy, in their eyes.

ISIS is not a military movement in my eyes, its an evil cult, that preaches misconceptions. However they have succeeded in terms of brainwashing people not only by believing their ideology but also about the meaning of jihad. Jihad is not the struggle against non-believers but about the inner struggle of ones sins.

http://islamicsupremecouncil.org/understanding-islam/legal-rulings/5-jihad-a-misunderstood-concept-from-islam.html?start=9
Reply 7
Original post by GiyasU
ISIS is not a military movement in my eyes, its an evil cult, that preaches misconceptions. However they have succeeded in terms of brainwashing people not only by believing their ideology but also about the meaning of jihad. Jihad is not the struggle against non-believers but about the inner struggle of ones sins.

http://islamicsupremecouncil.org/understanding-islam/legal-rulings/5-jihad-a-misunderstood-concept-from-islam.html?start=9
This is pretty much what I mean.
I agree, I demand david cameron sits down and signs a peace treaty with abu bakr al baghdadi, its the only way to stop the attacks and for all you skeptics we did it with the IRA.
Reply 9

Ok, I nominate you to go to Syria and speak on our behalf with them.
Reply 10
Original post by Jebedee
Ok, I nominate you to go to Syria and speak on our behalf with them.

i have my ways
Original post by Mathemagicien
Absolutely!

And to help them reintegrate into Europe, we should give them good jobs, free housing, free wives, good education, and all the rest. Then we should teach Europeans to tolerate them, and not demonise them, so that they aren't forced to blow us all up. :smile:

And then we should probably stop smoking whatever the heck we are smoking...

And we should make them EU citizens, and then in only 5 years they'd be able to share their culture with us in the UK! :smile:

Go go multicultural society!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I have a bad feeling this guy isn't really trolling and is actually serious.

I can sort of see where you're coming from, but you're still an absolute div.

Don't you understand that ISIS don't care about us, don't care about building a "relationship" with us, don't want to negotiate - they want to get rid of us, they want to kill us and want to form their Caliphate.

Asking for some deal with them is like dropping the soap in prison - we'd be ****ed.
From what I'm seeing, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah are doing a pretty good job of sorting them out...
They are not gonna sit at the negotiation table m8 don't be daft

They don't represent Islam:colonhash:
Original post by champ_mc99
I have a bad feeling this guy isn't really trolling and is actually serious.

You are correct, kinda feel bad for the guy, he's only thinking what other people have thought of but never wanted to action upon as the idea would never catch on.
**** that.

What we really need to consider is what really happened on 11/9/2001. Anyone hazard a guess???

Ahh lefties, why don't you go be our front-man for negotiations with ISIS? Come back with your head on your shoulders and I'll consider your point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending