The Student Room Group

Texting dynamic

What is yere take on texting your Boyfriend/Girlfriend back straight after they text you.
In my case I am the one replying straight away while he wants an hour tops. Naturally I reply to messages straight to him as naturally I think it is bad form to leave textes waiting especially when you are going out with the person more than year. He has told me that me texting back straight away can be too much sometimes. Yet when we starting going out first it was back and Fort straight away. Not one person friends, family etc have never corrected me in such an small thing of texting back straight away all the time. Now once in a while have done hours not texting straight away.
Anyone in a relationship do ye text back to eachother straight away or wait an hour or so. Recommendations/Advice
It can be entirely normal if they r tired after a long day of work etc or want to focus on their stuff in hand, but I would say that
Firstly u don’t have to reply immediately every time. It is a bit (quite unlucky but) annoying if u appear too passionate about it. Even when I tend to reply quite fast, I tend to dislike people that would always reply immediately such that it is stressing me to reply as well (even when I don’t want to)
Secondly if it’s persistent long wait then u might want to reconsider your relationship. Still, you should not always reply immediately. It is not game, but a more healthy attachment style. focus on the thing in hand maybe, when you are very tempted to do so
In a LTR. Frequently forget to reply at all. Neither of us could care less.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
In a LTR. Frequently forget to reply at all. Neither of us could care less.

Yes, same. I am very bad at texting, especially when I have other stuff to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending