The Student Room Group

OCR Computing GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Reading through all these responses all I can see is that people are saying that their computing teacher is rubbish...I thought I was the only one! What is it with computing teachers being crap?!?!
Original post by MCOD1999
I put upgrade to a CPU with more cores and a higher clockspeed.

To upgrade the CPU cache (done by getting a better CPU)

To upgrade the HDD to a higher rpm and capacity.

To invest in a new GPU with more VRAM (even though in reality vram isn't everything)

I also explained each point and ik u only needed 3 but I wanted to be 100% sure.

Could increasing clock speed count, do you think? I realise it's a bit of a long shot, I'm not even sure if it classes as an improvement per se, but I was desperate...
Original post by Iqs.x
Reading through all these responses all I can see is that people are saying that their computing teacher is rubbish...I thought I was the only one! What is it with computing teachers being crap?!?!

Idk but it does seem to be a trend. I've had to teach myself all the theory mostly via past papers because we had a grand total of... zero worthwhile theory lessons.

So although I can get full marks on most of the past papers having learnt the mark scheme, our actual exam's a different matter... T_T
Original post by Cameron171
I think the correct answer was adding the chapters to the variable and using the = to change it. Eg. NumberofPages = NumberofPages + NumberofChapters

That's what I got, because it wanted the number of chapters to be added to the total, and the total was stored in NumberofChapters
Original post by EzraCrowley
Could increasing clock speed count, do you think? I realise it's a bit of a long shot, I'm not even sure if it classes as an improvement per se, but I was desperate...

Should count if you mention upgrading the cpu and it will increase performance since my fetching, decoding and executing can be done per cycle. But I'm not sure on the markscheme 😅 OCR has awful markschenes ;-;
Original post by MCOD1999
Should count if you mention upgrading the cpu and it will increase performance since my fetching, decoding and executing can be done per cycle. But I'm not sure on the markscheme 😅 OCR has awful markschenes ;-;

Ah good should be ok then. And yes, it really does T_T
Reply 46
hey what do you guys think about grade boundaries, last year was all time low of 56, i'm hoping they could max only shoot up by 10 to 66/80, do you think it could jump to 70 ish
Original post by qazwaz
hey what do you guys think about grade boundaries, last year was all time low of 56, i'm hoping they could max only shoot up by 10 to 66/80, do you think it could jump to 70 ish

Nah around 56-58 would be an A, im guessing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending