The Student Room Group

On a scale of 1-10 how hard is nazi Germany?

I have the history part 2 exam next Tuesday. For any one else who is taking the exam, Rate how much from your experience you think how difficult Aqa gsce nazi Germany is overall?
What are your tactics when it comes to nazi Germany?
Reply 1
Original post by meemeekat
I have the history part 2 exam next Tuesday. For any one else who is taking the exam, Rate how much from your experience you think how difficult Aqa gsce nazi Germany is overall?

hitler/10
Use Blitzkrieg revision tactics.
(edited 7 years ago)
if 1 is hard and 10 is easy, the topic because it's so long...erm..maybe around 7?
Very hard. Have you seen the leather they wore?
Original post by THE EPIC Panda
Very hard. Have you seen the leather they wore?

He's talking about the revision experience for the topic for the exam, not the actual things that happened. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by sulaimanali
if 1 is hard and 10 is easy, the topic because it's so long...erm..maybe around 7?

Seriously think it's pretty difficult, Medicine through time paper was easy, this just gives me a heachache lol
Reply 7
He's talking about the revision experience for the topic for the exam, not the actual things that happened. :s-smilie:

lol i was about to say, "leather?"
(edited 7 years ago)
Seriously think it's pretty difficult, Medicine through time paper was easy, this just gives me a heachache lol

It's not extremely difficult, maybe a bit. It's just very long and there's so much. It's interesting though.

I don't do the medicine through time paper..I do the international relations one which is about Cold War (1945-60), TOV+LON (WW1 aftermath) and Hitler's Steps to WW2.
lol i was about to say, "leather?"

I just laughed when I read that comment, the person missed the plot of the question completely.
Reply 10
I just laughed when I read that comment, the person missed the plot of the question completely.

Exactly haha
lol Nazi germany is EZ.when i was in yr 11 preparing for the exam, i did your average revision ( i'm not an essay subject guys as well) and got 98/100 in it. just cover everything and read the criteria for getting high marks.
Reply 12
I would have thought ,purely as someone who has read several books on the subject not through being a student, that so long as you make sure you understand how and why they came to power it must be pretty damn easy!

I mean much of the rest of it you could probably bluff if you really needed to.

Just imagine what it's like living in a country where anything you say against the regime could be reported by any of your neighbours for one thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
I personally think its the harest of my subjects i have picked for GCSE and i have picked geo, german and history. out of 10, 10 being the hardest i would say 9, but dont let this put you down! there are many ways you can takle this and make it down to 5 such as,
timelines-for like key dates and events. (im doing nazi germany 1919-1943 and my walls are covered with timelines:tongue:)
key notes- topcs in nazi germany you dont understand
past papers- these past papers really help you visualise what type of questions you need to revise for. I suggest doing these :smile:
Hope this helped!
Come on, I was having a joke. Lighten up.

Just revise. Know the time line. It isn't that difficult from what I remember.
Reply 15
Just imagine what it's like living in a country where anything you say against the regime could be reported by any of your neighbours for one thing.

lol good way to put it! that actually kinda helps thx lol
Nazi Germany without a doubt is one of the easiest periods of history to learn about.

There are no complex processes or events, the only difficult bit is interpretations of the period. So many conflicting yet well informed views...

Also Nazi Germany is one of the most well documented periods of time ever. There are so many resources available. Try learning Francoist Spain lol - there's hardly anything.

Quick Reply

Latest