The Student Room Group

Will I be able to apply for teacher training?

Hi,
I have just completed a Foundation degree and I have a place confirmed to do a Top up degree starting in September 2016. My plan is to apply for teacher training and I am just wondering if it is possible for me to apply whilst I am completing the Top up degree?
For example, although I won't complete this until June 2017 and get my classification (first, 2:1 etc) will I be apply to apply and undergo the interview process with them only being able to give me a conditional offer dependent on completing my degree?

Also, in terms of references who would it be best to request a reference from; my tutor from my Foundation degree who I have known for three years or my new tutor on the Top up degree?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Yes, you can. You will be in the same position as final year university students who want to train. As you have said, any offer would be conditional.

As for references, you will need to provide two, so it could be both of your tutors, but ideally one reference should come from a school. I think you should ask your foundation degree tutor as they will know you better and therefore should have more to say.
Original post by the-fame
Hi,
I have just completed a Foundation degree and I have a place confirmed to do a Top up degree starting in September 2016. My plan is to apply for teacher training and I am just wondering if it is possible for me to apply whilst I am completing the Top up degree?
For example, although I won't complete this until June 2017 and get my classification (first, 2:1 etc) will I be apply to apply and undergo the interview process with them only being able to give me a conditional offer dependent on completing my degree?

Also, in terms of references who would it be best to request a reference from; my tutor from my Foundation degree who I have known for three years or my new tutor on the Top up degree?

Thanks in advance :smile:

You won't be the first one to apply for teacher training before finishing your undergraduate degree so yes it is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending