The Student Room Group

AQA ICT INFO 2 predictions and help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Azael274
We made notes on all the topics that are referenced in the pre-release and then made mind maps about said topics. They are:

Moblie working (so adv. And dis. Why is it done ect)
E-comerce systems and security of online systems (SSL encryption basically)
Social media and business applications of SM (with a focus on twitter since the girl has a twitter following in the prelim)
Byod policies (bring your own device)
System development life cycle and factors contributing to a successful development (link with what makes an effective ict team in info 2)
Asset register systems and Electronic stock ordering systems
Training users (different types of training and the costs involved. How can BBP reduce Ict costs)
Cyber security of systems (so firewalls and encryption)
Outsourcing and offshoring (reducing costs)
Bespoke and off the shelf software (adv. dis. Which one is more cost effective)
CRM systems
Back office systems (accounting, payroll and HR systems)
Workflow systems and the managment of supply chains (just in time policiy. Think of john Lewis they have that)
Cloud computing (SAAS and PAAS)

Thats all the stuff I have noted on for the prelim.

thanks! iv made notes on these stuff too, and did flash cards so i know each of the topics which could come up. what is Asset register systems?
Original post by Exams2210
thanks! iv made notes on these stuff too, and did flash cards so i know each of the topics which could come up. what is Asset register systems?

Its a system in big organisations that allows them to input what assets they have. So they can input a record of all the computers they own so they know where everything is and when it was baught etc. Assets can be hardware, software, employees or anything the company owns
Reply 22
Original post by Azael274
Its a system in big organisations that allows them to input what assets they have. So they can input a record of all the computers they own so they know where everything is and when it was baught etc. Assets can be hardware, software, employees or anything the company owns

damn, i never heard of this, do ou think i should learn this new information or leave it out
Thats all there is to it really, just learn that and youll be fine. There wont be a big question on it it would most likley be a 4 or 5 marker
motion tracking underwear and colour changing ties - I think we need to get the AQA exam writers away from the internet for a while or who knows what'll be on A2 next year.

Spoiler

Original post by That bloke 2016
motion tracking underwear and colour changing ties - I think we need to get the AQA exam writers away from the internet for a while or who knows what'll be on A2 next year.

Spoiler

They had me laughing at 'smart shirts that can detect sweat levels'. Someone has been watching too much Netflix.....
Reply 26

Spoiler

when i read the question it put me in a better mood, made me laugh. How did u find the paper?
when i read the question it put me in a better mood, made me laugh. How did u find the paper?

I was looking through the rest of the paper after Q3 to see how many questions were high markers and for easy questions to do first. I've seen all the past papers but never realised how much paper is just there for answers.
Nonetheless I did most of the questions (even if I tried to explain the microsoft hearts game for Q 4(b)) but skipped a 4 mark and ran out of time on Q 4(a).

By far the best question was the 20 mark Q on social networking consequences.
Reply 28
I was looking through the rest of the paper after Q3 to see how many questions were high markers and for easy questions to do first. I've seen all the past papers but never realised how much paper is just there for answers.
Nonetheless I did most of the questions (even if I tried to explain the microsoft hearts game for Q 4(b)) but skipped a 4 mark and ran out of time on Q 4(a).

By far the best question was the 20 mark Q on social networking consequences.

I finished everything and even had 10 min to spare, im not sure how i did though. what did u write for the question about 'describe how data can arise' and what did u talk about when connecting 3 stand-alone computers?
I finished everything and even had 10 min to spare, im not sure how i did though. what did u write for the question about 'describe how data can arise' and what did u talk about when connecting 3 stand-alone computers?

'how data can arise' question:

Spoiler

The '3 comp systems' question:

Spoiler

The data arise question is the only one that I feel i didnt do as well on persoanlly. I wrote about the results of experiments, serveys, qestionaires, social media etc. It made me laught when the standards question came up since that same question came.up last year
For data arise question you had to talk about indirect and direct data (primary and secondary) and had to give an example for each e.g direct could be counting cars in a car park and indirect when data is used for another purpose e.g using customer bank details for promotion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending