The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cluster1
I thought FM was super easy, there's was no complexed questions it was more broken up into lots of easier questions I felt

Posted from TSR Mobile

SUPER easy???? It was better than some past papers but there were a few different questions. Completing the square was quite unfamiliar because of the way it was asked. The question about the journey and the holiday thing was quite hard but I got it eventually. So glad matrix methods came up!! And simultaneous equations with three unknowns!!!!😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the answer to the logs question?
Reply 922
I think the vectors question ended up being a+ 1/2(-a+b) and vice versa which turned out as a+b, b+a when you cancelled it, but im not certain, thats what i wrote anyway. For the deffinite integration did you get 3?
Should be at least 90/100 because so many people have found it easy i think
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RJM1802
Anyone else think that further maths was really easy :smile:! Yey might have a chance of an A*

It was so much better than what I thought it was going to be! Now paper 2... that I can't do 😕
Original post by RJM1802
I think the vectors question ended up being a+ 1/2(-a+b) and vice versa which turned out as a+b, b+a when you cancelled it, but im not certain, thats what i wrote anyway. For the deffinite integration did you get 3?

I got 3 as well, what's did you get for the logs question?
Original post by RJM1802

Does it not cancel out to be 1/2 a + 1/2 b? Also for the logs question was it 1.69 or 1.96? my friend got different to me and we're not sure which is right
Original post by Katie389
Does it not cancel out to be 1/2 a + 1/2 b? Also for the logs question was it 1.69 or 1.96? my friend got different to me and we're not sure which is right

Posted from TSR Mobile
It won't be 90, last year it was 85 and there were no January modules this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cluster1
It won't be 90, last year it was 85 and there were no January modules this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure it won't be 90? It was pretty easy compared to other papers and it's been as high as 87 before I think
I got a feeling last night that simultaneous equations with matrices would come up and I'm so glad I revised it last minute lol. Anyone get 7 and -2?
Original post by OpticSesh
I got a feeling last night that simultaneous equations with matrices would come up and I'm so glad I revised it last minute lol. Anyone get 7 and -2?

I think that's what I got- they sound familiar!!😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was super easy too!! So happy about it- but lots of people in my year found it really difficult so maybe it wont be that high of a grade boundary :smile:
Original post by RJM1802
The only one i didn't know was finding the P and Q in the matrices, but i guessed 2+6 and my friend got that who did working out so hopefully my non-related working out might get 1/2 if it's right lol

It was 2 and -3 :smile:
Original post by OpticSesh

I got 7 and 2 😕 Not sure if it's right though
Original post by Katie389
I got 7 and 2 😕 Not sure if it's right though

Yeah I think I got -2 or 2 I can't completely remember ahah
further maths paper was nice. i got most questions fine but for a couple of questions i did them, thought "that doesnt seem right" and then checked and re-did them. this resulted in a lot of scribbling (i made silly mistakes in the 'proving equations' part in the theatre question and also made a silly mistake in the calculating time question) but i managed to get sensible answers in the end.

the only one i struggled with was the two one markers following the completing the square question at the start. a function?? i got 5 and -1 for them but im pretty sure that's wrong. i left it to the end and ran out of time. also for the triangle question i think i got 1.5-1.6 for the length of the short side you had to work out and 1.3 something for the distance to travel to be above the gallow.

for the vectors question i think I got 1/2a + 1/2b and for the second one i got... something. i can't remember. it wasn't a particularly complex looking vector though. also, for the speed questions im pretty sure I got 80km/h for x and his distance was around 220-240... can't really remember. i don't know how you guys manage to discuss these questions, id forgotten the majority of my answers after 15 minutes of leaving the exam hall haha.

people in my year that ive talked to found it good. it was only 12 of us doing the paper though so that may not be representative of the overall idea. i dont think grade boundaries will change, at most an A* will be 85%. it'd be strange if it went higher than that. i think i might have a running chance of an A* now. if i do good in paper 2 (dear god) atleast i can net an A.

alright im taking the night off. time to play some Doom.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tsunaomi
It was 2 and -3 :smile:

I got 2 and -3 too :smile:
Yeah there were only 5 of us did the exam.. We thought it was strange in places- Eg. Function Question. I thought I was going to cry when I turned over because I couldn't do that question. However I eventually got through it and the vectors question was great! Am I the only one whose sketch of the curve was really wide. The amount of scribbling on my paper is ridiculous as I had plenty of time to correct the many stupid errors made!😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
predictions for physics unit 2?
Original post by laurenmck99
I had the moving images!! what did you think? Didn't like the industry questions because we had about one week of theory :smile: oh well, hopefully i've done enough for my coursework for it to be okay!!

I thought it was decent enough!! Yeah, I didn't get 4 reasons for the producer question, made it up tbh
At least you did the theory! Our teacher didn't cover /anything/, we had to get notes from other schools- and when we came out and asked him the questions he got some wrong or said he didn't know lol

Yeah that's true! I reckon the grade boundaries will be generous though considering we were the first year to do the new spec. Hardly anyone does mia so it's nice to talk to someone who actually does oh my

Quick Reply

Latest