The Student Room Group

scholarship

iam an international student, can i get a scholarship for 2A* and 2A in chemistry ,maths,further math and physics...
plz just let me knw soon
It depends on a lot more then your grades but they seem like good grades anyway I would suggest contacting them here's the link for their contact page http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/find-out-more/contact-us and ask them about it and where they could direct you for more information. Also have a look at the course you want to do and see if you meet the grades and if there is anymore information there for you
Reply 2
Original post by harrisonchar
It depends on a lot more then your grades but they seem like good grades anyway I would suggest contacting them here's the link for their contact page http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/find-out-more/contact-us and ask them about it and where they could direct you for more information. Also have a look at the course you want to do and see if you meet the grades and if there is anymore information there for you

i want to do chemical engineering, required grades are 2A* and 1A, so will i have a chance of getting a scholarship
Original post by nimesh007
i want to do chemical engineering, required grades are 2A* and 1A, so will i have a chance of getting a scholarship

I really don't know I don't work for the uni, like I said you need to contact them to ask as they'll have lots of different scholarships and qualifying requirements. They're the only place which can tell you if you have a chance and what do in order to get it
Original post by nimesh007
iam an international student, can i get a scholarship for 2A* and 2A in chemistry ,maths,further math and physics...
plz just let me knw soon

Scholarships Cambridge provide for international students on undergraduate courses are, in general, reserved for very exceptionally talented students who cannot afford to study at Cambridge without financial help because it's very limited in number.
It's difficult to say if your academic profile is good enough only with the knowledge of your a-level grades, but your grades are not particularly 'exceptional' among applicants of Cambridge, I'm afraid.

If you're from certain countries (usually the countries that have some kind of ' historical' relationship' with Britain), there may be limited provisions of scholarship/financial aid programmes targeted to students from those countries.

Here's some information on other scholarship possibility for international students. But please understand they can provide those to very limited number of students, so it's very competitive.
http://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/scholarship-advice/scholarships-study-uk

If you really need some financial aid to study at Cambridge ( or other top uk universities), you may have a much better chance if you seek for scholarships your country ( either the government, public/private organisation) offer to their students who want to go to university abroad.
Or try US universities, as their scholarships and other financial aids are, in general, more widely available, compared to what Cambridge (or most of uk top unis) can provide.
It's easier to get scholarship for postgraduate courses (esp. for PhD) but not so for undergraduate courses in uk.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending