The Student Room Group

How old do you have to be a sole trader?

Hi,

I would like to start trading from the beginning of July, through the Internet, but in order to buy stock first, I need to have a registered company name, this would mean I'd need to be registered from HMRC as a sole trader (I think) but I am only sixteen. Could I still register in order to buy stock?

Please advise,
Many thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Well, sole are very pretty fish, to trade them I reccomend getting an apprenticeship at a fish market, maybe you can hook a job after? (Pardon the pun)
Reply 2
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Hi,

I would like to start trading from the beginning of July, through the Internet, but in order to buy stock first, I need to have a registered company name, this would mean I'd need to be registered from HMRC as a sole trader (I think) but I am only sixteen. Could I still register in order to buy stock?

Please advise,
Many thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

16. My boyfriend was registered as a sole trader at 17, so as long as you have a national insurance number you can do that just fine
Original post by FNPC
Well, sole are very pretty fish, to trade them I reccomend getting an apprenticeship at a fish market, maybe you can hook a job after? (Pardon the pun)

Fish market isn't my kind of thing😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rxns_00
16. My boyfriend was registered as a sole trader at 17, so as long as you have a national insurance number you can do that just fine

Aaahh. Ok thank you! I'm sure my mum has my NI card which has the number on it somewhere, I'll find it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Aaahh. Ok thank you! I'm sure my mum has my NI card which has the number on it somewhere, I'll find it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

If not you can call the help line and they'll send you proof of your NI, which of course has your NI printed on it :smile:
Original post by rxns_00
If not you can call the help line and they'll send you proof of your NI, which of course has your NI printed on it :smile:

Thanks! But I told my mum and she got it out for me! Thank you though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending