The Student Room Group

Is it okay for a 22 year old female to date a 19 year old male?

I met this guy at the pub and we got on really well, been texting for a week and he wants to take me on a date. I found out he's only 19, I know it's legal etc but is it socially acceptable? I feel like people always judge older women more if they go out with younger men than the other way around.
If you want to go for it, do! It's your business, no one else's. If it was the guy who was 22 and the girl 19, no one would care at all; I think it's ridiculous that anyone would judge because it's the other way around :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah it's fine, 3 years' difference really isn't that much. I know a lot of people with a way bigger difference.
Original post by JoePFR
Yeah it's fine, 3 years' difference really isn't that much. I know a lot of people with a way bigger difference.

Report them to the authorities
It's cool.
Smash like yo mario
Reply 6
3 years is nothing, if it was 5 then maybe you could start having queries. :curious:
My brother (20) has been going out with his girlfriend (23 I think) for a while and as far as I'm aware no ones said anything about the age difference, to be honest three years difference isn't a lot so I think you should try and give it a chance if people do say stuff then that just proves their friendship to you but seeing as you've only met him I think it's only fair to give it a chance :smile: have fun!
Reply 8
Original post by kdrinkme
I met this guy at the pub and we got on really well, been texting for a week and he wants to take me on a date. I found out he's only 19, I know it's legal etc but is it socially acceptable? I feel like people always judge older women more if they go out with younger men than the other way around.

Why not? who cares about society? Live your life as freely as you want
3 years is perfectly fine!
What truely matters is the connection between the two of you!
If you two love each other then thats all thay matters. Its your private life and no one can tell you what you can or cant do in it!
Pfft don't date a bloody 19 yr old no matter what your age is.
:rofl: yea. But still 3 yrs depending on where it's a bit of a gap. It's like does she want a lover or a baby brother. Dunno. Sure it might feel nice but is it wise.
Fine
Original post by 0to100
Pfft don't date a bloody 19 yr old no matter what your age is.

rude
Who cares? Imo as long as youre both over the age of consent age then it doesnt matter what age you are, whether youre 50 and hes 20 or if hes 50 and youre 20. As long as its genuine love and care and both want to be in the relationship then go for it, who cares if 'society' doesnt 'approve' of it?
Of course it is. I dated someone three years younger, wasn't a big deal at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending