The Student Room Group

Nasty bus driver rant

Stagecoach has a lot of noice drivers and all but someone just had to ruin my morning with their offensive approach today :angry:

I usually buy the child ticket and today the bus driver checked mine and asked
"Why do you have the child ticket?"
And I said
"I'm 16"
And he said
"no you get the adult. Why did you get the child?"
So I replied
"No bus driver have ever stopped me before about this so I didn't know"
And he was like
"Next time if you get the child I won't let you travel again" in a really aggressive threatening way like I murdered his family. He then presented me with a VIP form for under 19 which you can get discounts for as a 16+ which is BASICALLY A child ticket ffs . Should have given me that instead of approaching me in an aggressive manner. How unprofessional seriously. Can't wait to drive :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

When you see the bus driver driving do this

[gif]
http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-06-2015/_ctUeK.gif[/gif]
Reply 2
Write a complaint :ahee:
u shouldnt have got the child ticket mate
probably a Brexiter
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
probably a Brexiter

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Mathemagicien
Tell him you identify as a child, and that he's being a huge judgemental bigot!

Honestly so offended right now, I need to come out as a child :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by eternaforest
u shouldnt have got the child ticket mate

I buy the weekly ones for school and seriously if you're in school you are a child :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Desi123
Write a complaint :ahee:

I might, I'm in a "can I see the manager-mum" mood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why dont you do what I do and say your 15?
Although he has a right. Because your not meant to be getting a child when your 16. But he shouldnt have been aggressive.
Original post by Kholmes1
Although he has a right. Because your not meant to be getting a child when your 16. But he shouldnt have been aggressive.

Because I genuinely thought 16 is still considered a child but I think he thought I was lying that I didn't know smh
I know it's his job but he didn't have to be like that, at least I paid for it. The fact that I paid for it and got this crap from him I'm more mad :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
On our buses it clearly says in big fat letters "Child (under 16s)"
Original post by eternaforest
On our buses it clearly says in big fat letters "Child (under 16s)"

i guess the buses here are not good on informing :redface: each driver had to individually inform children when the prices changed, i can remember i was told like 2 weeks after the price changed because some drivers were lazy af -_-
Reply 14
Go for it.. What Kholmes1 said, he shouldnt have been aggressive :yep:
Stop whining - you got a child's ticket knowingly when you should have got an adult's ticket and you got caught out. Then, you have the audacity to complain because the bus driver does his job. You don't like his tone? Don't commit fraud. It may seem harsh, but that's what you did and now you want to complain because you got caught out? Ridiculous!
Original post by toronto353
Stop whining - you got a child's ticket knowingly when you should have got an adult's ticket and you got caught out. Then, you have the audacity to complain because the bus driver does his job. You don't like his tone? Don't commit fraud. It may seem harsh, but that's what you did and now you want to complain because you got caught out? Ridiculous!

i didnt know about it though? 18 is considered adult age for many things so i just assumed. besides, the form he gave me gives you discounts for 16+ and after the discount, the ticket is even cheaper than a child's ticket, which is great yeah but his tone was out of the blue.
I do agree with you how 16 should still be a child. Just say you 15. Thats whhat I have done. My dad did it when we went on holiday made me 14 or 15.
same feelings bro, but i've never been stopped for my age as i carry an oyster but once i stopped the bus and waited for my mum who had a leg operation so she couldn't run and had to fast walk which was difficult enough for her, and then the convo went a bit like this:

Bus Driver: "Is she coming"
Me: " Yeah shes on her way"
Bus Driver: "Im a bus"
Me (mentally i didn't say this out loud): " yeah so youre supposed to wait for passengers anf take them to where they need"
Bus Driver: "Is she getting on?"
M: Yeah shes right here
BD (had his eyes closed for some reason): "yeah i dont care" wth?????
M: if you opened your eyes you'd see

not exactly the best comeback but pretty rude driver tbh and then 2 stops later he waited for a guy who was running for the bus and didnt argue smh
Original post by Desi123
Go for it.. What Kholmes1 said, he shouldnt have been aggressive :yep:

ok i've sent them a complaint letter, i honestly feel so threatened now if i see that driver again. i dont know what got up his butt today :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest