The Student Room Group

do i forget her ?

for the past 6 months its felt me and this girl have been together we may swell have made it official . The day to day chats , the dates even the good morning text messages , neater of us wanted to admit how we have felt for each other .

2 weeks ago , i though i wud put a stop to this as i asked her if she wanted to be with me , she said yes but she can't due to some reasons which are uncotrllable ( which I've heard and they re legit reasons tbh ) Now as I've summed up reality for her she said if she carries on speaking to me she will become attached to me more , and tbh so will i ....

I value you her a lot and can't imagine my life without speaking to her , so we have decided to not talk as much ... Things haven't gone well we can't do it , so she's asked if we want to be friends ? she said she likes me as a friend .

I dont want to act cocky but her saying this is all ******** , how can someone go from loving me to calling me a friend overnight , I've asked if anyone has influenced this decision and she says no ( I'm certain there is )

My only way out of this is to ignore her , i can't be friends with her cos thats just ******** , but for the past 2 weeks i just can't stop thinking about her , all i want to do is speak to her , and talk things out again , but i know she can't be with me !

How do i get over her ? I've never felt this ay about a girl before and feel sick to the stomach , i know she's experiencing the same but she refuses to tell me as she believes if she does she will break the rule of not talking as much !

Thanks guys i do appreciate all feedback and thanks for reading much a huge post :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
for the past 6 months its felt me and this girl have been together we may swell have made it official . The day to day chats , the dates even the good morning text messages , neater of us wanted to admit how we have felt for each other .

2 weeks ago , i though i wud put a stop to this as i asked her if she wanted to be with me , she said yes but she can't due to some reasons which are uncotrllable ( which I've heard and they re legit reasons tbh ) Now as I've summed up reality for her she said if she carries on speaking to me she will become attached to me more , and tbh so will i ....

I value you her a lot and can't imagine my life without speaking to her , so we have decided to not talk as much ... Things haven't gone well we can't do it , so she's asked if we want to be friends ? she said she likes me as a friend .

I dont want to act cocky but her saying this is all ******** , how can someone go from loving me to calling me a friend overnight , I've asked if anyone has influenced this decision and she says no ( I'm certain there is )

My only way out of this is to ignore her , i can't be friends with her cos thats just ******** , but for the past 2 weeks i just can't stop thinking about her , all i want to do is speak to her , and talk things out again , but i know she can't be with me !

How do i get over her ? I've never felt this ay about a girl before and feel sick to the stomach , i know she's experiencing the same but she refuses to tell me as she believes if she does she will break the rule of not talking as much !

Thanks guys i do appreciate all feedback and thanks for reading much a huge post :smile:

You will definitely forget her after some time but however you need to realise that you wont have any future with her. I would suggest you to get another crush. Is there are any other girls that you like? Was this your first gf?
Original post by Foo.mp3
x

Wats goood bruh! Your like the second best game thread person in the history of TSR...
Right after @spotify95 that's mad you know :biggrin:
do whatever you think is right :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by In2u
You will definitely forget her after some time but however you need to realise that you wont have any future with her. I would suggest you to get another crush. Is there are any other girls that you like? Was this your first gf?

no I've had a fair few relationships as I'm 23 , but I've honestly never felt this way before lool , thanks tho !
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
no I've had a fair few relationships as I'm 23 , but I've honestly never felt this way before lool , thanks tho !

Welcome!! :smile: You're still young so you have looooads of time to find the perfect girlfriend who probably wont act as stupid as your last one.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Engage emotionally | Let yourself grieve the loss of the partner/relationship. This is only natural vs. unnatural to repress it

Acceptance | If it's ended then it's likely because you are not 'supposed to be together' e.g. at least one of you isn't right for the other

Forgive and forget | Not always possible but almost always healthy to use the experience as an opportunity to show dignity/humanity

No contact rule | Depending on the nature of breakup, it's often a good idea to give them/yourself some space, for a while at least

Out of sight, out of mind | Depending on how emotionally vulnerable/insecure one is, it can be helpful to remove all traces of one's ex

Watch out for manipulation | Human nature being as it is, it's rare for young people to make a totally clean break. Don't get sucked into games

Avoid revenge mentality | Apart from anything else this is a total waste of energy and you risk losing the moral high ground if things get petty

Listen to your gut | Also listen to reason e.g. consider patterns of behaviour over time, rather than just salient events/your own insecurities

Staying friends | See above comments - few can hack it but in certain circumstances it can actually be healthy/helpful to stay on friendly terms

Be around people | Also busy yourself, and do reach out to dependable friends and family who can support you as you bounce back

Time heals all | What seems like the end of the world one week can be just a drop in the ocean the next. Life goes on

Avoid alcohol/substance abuse | This is unlikely to bring you either physical or psychological stability, which is just what you need!

Talk to other potentials | When you're ready (not if you're still full of angst/in a beta or 'victim complex' mindset)

PRSOM, very helpful for those going through break ups
Reply 7
Original post by In2u
Welcome!! :smile: You're still young so you have looooads of time to find the perfect girlfriend who probably wont act as stupid as your last one.

Ha thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending