The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Uni of Hertfordshire advice

Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying to unis- my first choice is the University of Hertfordshire (I'm very interested in their model making courses!)
I'm just wondering if anybody had any advice for creating a good portfolio and what I can expect at an interview/general life at that uni?
Original post by ehastings44
Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying to unis- my first choice is the University of Hertfordshire (I'm very interested in their model making courses!)
I'm just wondering if anybody had any advice for creating a good portfolio and what I can expect at an interview/general life at that uni?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch, and we're glad you're interested in our Model Design course! It's the only Model Design course of its kind with the Creative Skillset tick accreditation anywhere in the world.

Here's a link to a page that explains the sort of thing we expect to see in portfolios for Creative Arts subjects: http://www.herts.ac.uk/apply/schools-of-study/creative-arts/portfolio-interview/plan-your-portfolio

In terms of your interview, it's fairly informal so nothing to get nervous about, but you'll talk to academic staff members from the Model Design programme, and they'll view your work, ask you about the thought process behind it, ask you why you're interested in Model Design, etc. It's a chance for you to show off your work and to find out more about the course, whilst showing the staff here your passion and suitability for the course.

In terms of general life, it's a vibrant campus with lots of different societies and sports clubs, brilliant gyms, great nightlife and handy things on campus such as a pharmacy, doctors' surgery, bank, Starbucks and local shops for stationery and bits and bobs like milk and cereal! There's a shopping centre 5 mins walk from the campuses too. There's also a free bus service between campuses and a discounted rate on the bus service to go out of the area.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Rhianna
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending