The Student Room Group

Do unis really do 'no response rejections'??

So I applied on the 30th of June so apparently 15th of July is the deadline by which unis have to respond. Ive got a few offers but the uni I want to go to the most hasnt given me an offer! :s-smilie: They have acknoledged my application and Ive got sent en email to send them my transcripts which i did and the person told me they will forward it to the admissions tutor and that i will hear from them shortyl

So i today i read on completeuniversityguide that some unis simply dont bother rejecting you by the deadline which means that UCAS automatically rejects you on the uni's behalf. I feel so gutted that they wouldnt even bother rejecting me!!

I am completely stressing about this being the case, please someone reassure me that they do actually send out offers last minute on the 15th!! Do some unis send offers/rejections in batches or something?
Original post by lolakirk
So I applied on the 30th of June so apparently 15th of July is the deadline by which unis have to respond. Ive got a few offers but the uni I want to go to the most hasnt given me an offer! :s-smilie: They have acknoledged my application and Ive got sent en email to send them my transcripts which i did and the person told me they will forward it to the admissions tutor and that i will hear from them shortyl

So i today i read on completeuniversityguide that some unis simply dont bother rejecting you by the deadline which means that UCAS automatically rejects you on the uni's behalf. I feel so gutted that they wouldnt even bother rejecting me!!

I am completely stressing about this being the case, please someone reassure me that they do actually send out offers last minute on the 15th!! Do some unis send offers/rejections in batches or something?

I can tell you that my son got his offer on the last day of the May deadline for on time applications, so yes, they do, but at this very late stage in the game, I wouldn't hang back waiting, but get on the phone to the university and ask them/jog their memory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending