The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Which accommodation is the best?

Hey guys,

I went to a UCAS open day during March and I literally HATED the accommodation they showed us in Oadby Village. I really want a nice clean and good looking accommodation but I don't know which one to choose. I would really hate to have something that is dirty and unclean. I wouldn't want something which has a dirty kitchen but also I would like to have an accommodation where there's a lot of people around in the halls where I can enjoy myself.

I'm a bit apprehensive to have something that is trashy but I definitely made up my mind that I don't want to go to Oadby Village. I didn't check out City Living though.

Having an accommodation where DMU students are would be sweet but seriously I don't want something that is horrible. It would be appreciated if someone could tell me a good accommodation that has DMU students and Leicester students in one.

Thanks!
trying to find accomodation that holds both uni's is hard unless you go private im afraid
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
What in particular don't you like about Oadby Village? Have you considered John Foster and Bowder Court? They're both arguably the nicest halls out of all of Leicester Uni's accommodation. Both relatively new and of a high quality
Original post by ExplicitAI
Hey guys,

I went to a UCAS open day during March and I literally HATED the accommodation they showed us in Oadby Village. I really want a nice clean and good looking accommodation but I don't know which one to choose. I would really hate to have something that is dirty and unclean. I wouldn't want something which has a dirty kitchen but also I would like to have an accommodation where there's a lot of people around in the halls where I can enjoy myself.

I'm a bit apprehensive to have something that is trashy but I definitely made up my mind that I don't want to go to Oadby Village. I didn't check out City Living though.

Having an accommodation where DMU students are would be sweet but seriously I don't want something that is horrible. It would be appreciated if someone could tell me a good accommodation that has DMU students and Leicester students in one.

Thanks!

I think it would only be really dirty depending on who you lived with, so deciding to take different student accommodation might just result in the same problem if you live with messy people.

Most halls in Oadby Village are catered anyway, so you wouldn't even be cooking much (you'd go to the dining halls for dinner). I'd recommend going into Oadby so you get to know other UoL freshers :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Fox Corner
I think it would only be really dirty depending on who you lived with, so deciding to take different student accommodation might just result in the same problem if you live with messy people.

Most halls in Oadby Village are catered anyway, so you wouldn't even be cooking much (you'd go to the dining halls for dinner). I'd recommend going into Oadby so you get to know other UoL freshers :smile:

I went to Oadby on the UCAS open day and it looked horrible. It doesn't fit in my type of social group in terms of who I chill with and the whole area looks too depressing. I'm not trying to diss anyone who's there already because they chose to be apply for that accommodation but for me Oadby is not the right one.
Original post by ExplicitAI
I went to Oadby on the UCAS open day and it looked horrible. It doesn't fit in my type of social group in terms of who I chill with and the whole area looks too depressing. I'm not trying to diss anyone who's there already because they chose to be apply for that accommodation but for me Oadby is not the right one.

The only main alternative to the Oadby Student Village is the City Living accommodation, and I really don't recommend that. I visited the city accommodation at a visit day and it was the worst accommodation I'd seen at any university, and by that time I'd visited a lot of unis! I've looked at Oadby online and it seems relatively nice, so if it's a choice between those two I recommend the village. I'll be going to Leicester if I miss my firm choice so I probably won't have much choice regarding accommodation but I'll be avoiding the city residences if at all possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending