The Student Room Group

Girls which would you pick? humour or good looks?

If you had to pick a guy who was classically handsome good looking (Jon Hamm-type?) but serious guy or quirky, unconventionally attractive funny guy (John Stewart-type?), who would you pick?

The examples are sort of random. You don't have to like Hamm or Stewart specifically.

Scroll to see replies

Hmm, tricky.
I couldn't be with some one I wasn't physically attracted to so i think I'd go for good looks.
Good looks

Why? Because I have funny friends to cheer me up/have a laugh with :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
^^ Well that's me ****ed then
Reply 4
Good Looks.
I'm so Vain
:redface:
Humour. It's probably one of the most important qualities I look for in a guy. If you're good looking, but have no sense of humour, we aren't going to get on. Simple as that.
'not conventionally attractive' doesn't mean not attractive at all, so I'd go for humour. I don't usually find 'conventionally handsome' people that good looking anyway.

Spoiler

Humour but not if I'm absolutely repulsed by them because obviously that wouldn't work, however I doubt I'd ever feel like that about any human on this planet anyway.

Humour is really important imo, laughing is the best cure for anything and I think I get sad a lot, I'm like a sad floating cloud.:s-smilie:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
unconventionally attractive funny guy (John Stewart-type?)

You appear to be confusing 'unconventionally attractive' with 'conventionally jewish' and/or 'middle-aged'.
Original post by wickedisgood
'not conventionally attractive' doesn't mean not attractive at all, so I'd go for humour. I don't usually find 'conventionally handsome' people that good looking anyway.

Spoiler

Really? ugly? I mean you don't have to like him but I've heard women say they could orgasm just from his voice. Maybe young girls aren't into him :dontknow:

But yeah, you don't have to relate to my examples.
It depends on whether I personally found them attractive rather than if they were traditionally attractive to most girls.
Ultimately I can't be with someone I'm not attracted to, but I also need someone to make me laugh (since I don't think I'm funny I hugely value humour). Tough choice...looking at the images (they both look very similar) I'd argue humour as long as they weren't really unattractive to me.
Original post by Profesh

You appear to be confusing 'unconventionally attractive' with 'conventionally jewish' and/or 'middle-aged'.

Oh for the love of god people! I explicitly mentioned that you don't have to agree with me on my definition of "classically handsome" and "unconventionally attractive".

Don't ruin the thread for no reason.
Original post by loveleest
Good looks

Why? Because I have funny friends to cheer me up/have a laugh with :smile:

When you're in a relationship with someone, you'll spend a lot of time with them so for some people, having a funny partner is really important (not as important as I thought though)

You don't have to answer this but have you ever been in a relationship with a boy?
Big dick.
If you had to pick a guy who was classically handsome good looking (Jon Hamm-type?) but serious guy or quirky, unconventionally attractive funny guy (John Stewart-type?), who would you pick?

The examples are sort of random. You don't have to like Hamm or Stewart specifically.

Good looks because I don't actually like hanging out with funny people. I'm quite a serious person.
Reply 16
im not funny nor am i good looking

ffsssss
Original post by zanner
im not funny nor am i good looking

*******s

I feel you, sorry man.
Humour:biggrin:

Probably the funny guy, as long as he's at least of average attractiveness. He doesn't have to be conventionally attractive (tall, dark, handsome etc) but if he has some facial symmetry its good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending