The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Ask Me Anything Current UoC Student

If you're looking for some advice and information from a University of Chester student, this is a great thread to find it!

Having moved here almost five years ago, studying both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees and living in private accommodation with 7 other people, I've built up quite alot of knowledge about Chester.

If you have any questions regarding UoC, Uni life, Accommodation, Societies or Chester in general, let me know!
Reply 1
Hi, I've been assigned John Milton Halll as my accommodation. Don't suppose if you or anyone knows if this is girls only? I said mixed on my application but I have only found girls so far. Thanks :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by katie0110
Hi, I've been assigned John Milton Halll as my accommodation. Don't suppose if you or anyone knows if this is girls only? I said mixed on my application but I have only found girls so far. Thanks :smile:

Hi Katie,

There will definitely be a mixture of both boys and girls in John Milton Hall when you arrive in September. Perhaps creating a discussion on TSR will help find other's staying in your accommodation :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by chrisbee16
Hi Katie,

There will definitely be a mixture of both boys and girls in John Milton Hall when you arrive in September. Perhaps creating a discussion on TSR will help find other's staying in your accommodation :smile:

Thank you! I'm just trying to find as much out about John Milton Hall as I can because Chester website only gives images inside!
Reply 4
There is some information, other than pictures, about John Milton Hall on this page: https://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23765

If you have any other questions, just ask :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by chrisbee16
There is some information, other than pictures, about John Milton Hall on this page: https://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23765

If you have any other questions, just ask :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Hi I'm going to be studying the early years teaching course in September and I was wondering if you knew anyone that could maybe give me an insight into what the timetable would be like so i can arrange my work schedule around my uni one ?
Reply 7
Hi Sian,

Undergraduate Course Timetables will be published online on September 19th, this year.

If you would like further information, let me know :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Obviously this might vary by course but are lectures recorded and then made available online later? The uni I did my undergrad did this and I'm hoping my masters will be the same as I found it extremely useful!
Reply 9
Hi Jess,

Unfortunately, I don't think any lecturers are recorded. For some of my more important lectures I asked to use a digital recording device and set it up at the front of the room. I found this very useful and they're pretty cheap to buy online!
I am looking to study business management however I may have to do a foundation year at first then the 3 year BA honours course will this bring down the value of my overall degree from future employers??
Reply 11
Hi Jason,

No not at all! A foundation year won't decrease the value of your overall degree. If you have any queries regarding this subject, don't hesitate to email the uni at [email protected].
Reply 12
Good luck to everyone receiving results tomorrow! :smile:

If you're looking to apply to the University of Chester through clearing, contact them on their Clearing Hotline: 0808 1642710
I've never met ChrisBee (that I'm aware of), but in my time as Forum Assistant here he's always been a huge help and source of up to date information!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending