The Student Room Group

Should we limit refugee intake to just women and children?

Would that eliminate the risk of terrorism from refugees, which currently is happening far too often?

Or should we be taking refugees at all? If they go to places like Saudi Arabia instead, we could help them better there. One refugee probably costs us about £10,000 when they come here
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Which of the recent terror attacks were committed by refugees?
Reply 2
No because there are lots of men who have no means of survival in Syria or Iraq. However, we should be more vigilant once we've taken them in.
We shouldn't be taking refugees in the first place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Which of the recent terror attacks were committed by refugees?

i love it when i see an inkling of intelligence on this website it gives me hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's pretty sexist tbh, I don't see why women's lives are being valued as higher then men's
You want children and women be torn away from their fathers, husbands, sons and brothers!?
What???????????? Nonsense.
Just children and mothers if you're gonna put men out of the picture.
We can't. By both the international legal refugee conventions that we are signed up to, and EU law on asylum seekers, refugees have a right to family unity. In fact, if the family is still together, then the father is almost certainly what's called the "principal applicant" for refugee/asylum seeker status, while his wife and children hold "derivative status" as long as they are his dependents.
Reply 11
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
You want children and women be torn away from their fathers, husbands, sons and brothers!?

Unfortunately if it means protecting our own people then it would have to be the case.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh

Well considering that most of the immigrants heading to the West are men, pretty sure lots of them left their wives and children at home...
Reply 14
Single men shouldn't be allowed
Married men should
Original post by umar39
Single men shouldn't be allowedMarried men should
I agree 100%
Refugees do not make up any real relevant percentage when it comes to terrorist statistics. By far the majority of them were brought up in the West and some even have been here for several generations. The refugee program is far more struggle for a terrorist to go through, a lot easier to get someone with a visa to do it, right?
Original post by FolloUrDreams
Would that eliminate the risk of terrorism from refugees, which currently is happening far too often?

Or should we be taking refugees at all? If they go to places like Saudi Arabia instead, we could help them better there. One refugee probably costs us about £10,000 when they come here

1, No it would do very little to eliminate the risk of terrorism, sinces the cases where a refugee has been responsible for an attack are very rare. Of the few attacks that have happened they seem to be radicalised, disenfranchised or mentally vulnerable people already here.

2. We take refugees in due to our international obligations, from the agreements we wign and our position in the UN and the world as a leading power.

3. Refugees go to the west because thats where they envisage a better life and a more tolerant society. The numbers being accpeted in the UK will be 20,000 over the next 5 years. there are currently about 117,000 asylum seekers/ refugees in the UK. Reaktively quite small compared to other European countries.
What will the MRAs say?
Lol, no to both questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending