The Student Room Group

What To Do If You are Too Nice??

By nice I meant if saying something harsh to any person (even though they are wrong) hurts you back.

How do people deal with this, what would you suggest a person who is like this?
Reply 1
Deal with a lot of people. Practise will lead you to answers about what's the correct thing to do. Intrinsically there is nothing wrong with being nice, but you learn how to be effectively nice with practise.
The pain and constantly thinking about it is whats unhealthy, even though you are perfectly justified to be harsh in some situations but still it hurts you back to be harsh because you try to be respectful to everyone and all of a sudden you have to be harsh.. this starts a never ending battle inside of you..
Original post by Warrior Gene
What To Do If You are Too Nice?

Really? Isn't this like a girl asking what to do if she's too pretty?
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
Really? Isn't this like a girl asking what to do if she's too pretty?

read the question again bro.
Me too Everyone tells me I'm too nice. Idk if it's good or bad
By nice I meant if saying something harsh to any person (even though they are wrong) hurts you back.

Learn to do a death glare,
How to not feel hurt when you had to be harsh (even though it was totally justified but you feel hurt because you had to be harsh). This should be the topic name I guess.
Original post by saraxh
Me too Everyone tells me I'm too nice. Idk if it's good or bad

Being nice is good but it feels really unhealthy and painful when a person keeps worrying about why he/she had to be harsh to anyone.
If you care about the person, it's necessary to be harsh to them if needs be. It's worse to be nice and avoid saying what they need to hear; ironically, it's not nice at all
yes but to a person who you hardly meet but develop respect for any random person. and if you had to be harsh to them it hurts you. This is really painful sometimes as your mind keeps thinking about the whole situation where you had to be harsh.

Wikihow always helps
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Mean-and-Intimidating-when-Necessary
Reply 12
Stop yourself. only be nice to those who are nice to you...

Quick Reply

Latest