The Student Room Group

What was the first date you ever went on?

So Margot robious said her first date was to a will smith filmWhat did you do on yours?

Scroll to see replies

I traveled two hours to meet up with a girl whom I'd only spoken to online. I waited outside of a cinema playing around with my phone when the cutest of voices called out my name, I looked up and I saw her...
Watched a film, went to KFC, chatted for a fair bit and had a good laugh.

That memory will always be engraved in my heart.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Never been on one.

Spoiler

Reply 3
To a seafood restaurant down by a harbour in a local seaside town other than my own. It was a nice night but it didn't go any further than that night. First date with my current partner was a day out in Glasgow :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Went to McDonalds by myself. It was a good day.
Went to the cinema to watch 'slum dog millionaire' - was the worst date ever and put me off them for the rest of my life. The second was this year, with a person I had never met in person, we didn't hit it off.
Original post by natalie427
Went to the cinema to watch 'slum dog millionaire' - was the worst date ever and put me off them for the rest of my life. The second was this year, with a person I had never met in person, we didn't hit it off.

What was your date like to make it the worst one ever?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
What was your date like to make it the worst one ever?

Quiet, Awkward and Uncomfortable.
Original post by natalie427
Quiet, Awkward and Uncomfortable.

lol tbf you can't really make convo during a movie, did you talk afterwards?
And it's the guys job to constantly make convo you should've initiated it
Original post by UWS
Went to McDonalds by myself. It was a good day.

*your profile pic*
Original post by Maths (2^2) Life
lol tbf you can't really make convo during a movie, did you talk afterwards?
And it's the guys job to constantly make convo you should've initiated it

I did initiate it, I'm quite a confident person but a conversation is two way and I dont know whether it was nerves or what but he didn't half make it difficult.
Yeah, the cinema was a bad move, learnt that now. Well, I basically talked to myself, I went straight home afterwards.
(edited 7 years ago)
I went to Wimpy for my first ever date. It was kind of boring and nowhere near as hilar as my second ever date.It was a double date with my friend on a first date with some girl from our class. We all went to the cinema and they sat behind us and he just made out with her for most of the film and touched her boobs a lot. It was mega awkward. We were supposed to go somewhere to eat afterwards, but she slapped him as soon as the film was over and went home, so it was even more awkward.
Is it watching tv shows with my ice cream considered a date or

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cooked food for her myself, candles and all. Such the romantic huh. We'd been together for a while without going on any "official" dates so y'know :biggrin:
Original post by Spinnernet
So Margot robious said her first date was to a will smith filmWhat did you do on yours?

a proper date
lets see that does take quite a few people off the list but the first I can remember was a proper date to a decent Italian restarunt
it was a nice night I'd already bought a gift nothing too expensive just a pair of tiny emerald earrings
even if it end up just walking back to her place and some very NSFW stuff happened

Spoiler

Hmm sometime in the future i will go on my first date, i hope so anyway!
The first date I've ever experienced was the 30/04/1998. I don't remember much of it, except there was a lot of blood, screaming and doctors.

Spoiler

Original post by Platopus
The first date I've ever experienced was the 30/04/1998. I don't remember much of it, except there was a lot of blood, screaming and doctors.

Spoiler

Technically thats actually true haha!
Dont know if this was supposed to make me laugh, but it did!
Your responses are the best!
Can't remember exactly. Think it was during my first year, at Newcastle University, where my date and I took off on an impromptu trip to Durham (because I said 'I like spontaneous people'). We went to Nando's, admired the cathedral and broke into Durham University. Can even remember playing Tchaikovsky on one of the pianos in Castle college... Quite a first date now I think of it.
It might sound boring but it was the middle of summer and i arranged with a boy id been speaking to to go for a walk around the canal area just to see where it took us. It gave us a chance to talk loads and feel comfortable having nobody else around.

It seemed to work as ive now been with him for over 2 years!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending