The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sreddy17
do asset management firms / hedge funds actively recruit masters students/ grads?

Most AMs have grad schemes, only a handful (if that) of hedge funds have a grad scheme or even recruit pre-MBA students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
For the CS FT Analyst programme, it says candidates must have graduated between December 2016 and August 2017. However, I'll be graduating from my Master's degree in early September. Is it still worth applying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BH83
For the CS FT Analyst programme, it says candidates must have graduated between December 2016 and August 2017. However, I'll be graduating from my Master's degree in early September. Is it still worth applying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im a masters student as well, i think we are better applying for the off cycle internship? internships usually lead to grad offer, hard to get in through the full time role
Reply 63
im a masters student as well, i think we are better applying for the off cycle internship? internships usually lead to grad offer, hard to get in through the full time role

Yeah, I was considering applying for the off-cycle internship. I'll have a look into it in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I right in thinking UBS does not ask for a CV or CL on their application? Or do they ask for it after you submit? For FT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BH83
Yeah, I was considering applying for the off-cycle internship. I'll have a look into it in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool let me know what u think
Good evening all,

Is this the official 2017 IB thread for summer internships too?
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
Good evening all,

Is this the official 2017 IB thread for summer internships too?

Summer Internships 2017: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4083835

Thank you!!
yeah i checked CS only taking penultimate! u gonna apply for off cycle or whats ur strategy for it?

FT or Off-cycle yeah. Had trouble with the page and was not able to open any applications or look into the off-cycle further so not sure yet.
Reply 70
Grad schemes opened so far: Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, UBS and Credit Suisse
Guys just practicing my competency questions and recording my responses they are about two and a half minutes long sticking to the STAR method. Is this ok or is it way too long?
Given J.P. Morgan only seem to be allowing final year students to apply to their Full-Time Programme, is this a lost cause? Does anyone know how many spaces they're likely to have or have had previously? And will they be in very specific teams requiring multiple language skills?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Given J.P. Morgan only seem to be allowing final year students to apply to their Full-Time Programme, is this a lost cause? Does anyone know how many spaces they're likely to have or have had previously? And will they be in very specific teams requiring multiple language skills?

Posted from TSR Mobile

for a full time programme, all banks only accept final year students? As its a graduate role?
for a full time programme, all banks only accept final year students? As its a graduate role?

Sorry - clearly half asleep - I meant given the final years cannot apply for summer and only FT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry - clearly half asleep - I meant given the final years cannot apply for summer and only FT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait are u sure final years can't apply for summer. From what I can see it doesn't state it anywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

just checked some internships then at JPM, it just says 'apply as student / graduate'
just checked some internships then at JPM, it just says 'apply as student / graduate'

I have an email from HR that literally says the following:

"To be eligible for the J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Internship programme, students must be in their penultimate year of study i.e. 1 year away from graduating. This can either be from their undergraduate degree or for those who are in their final year taking a master’s degree. The reason for this is that we hire 1 year in arrears and it is in exceptional circumstances only will someone convert full time that same year. Unfortunately, for Investment Banking London, we do not offer any Off-Cycle opportunities. However please do regularly monitor our website as some other business areas do offer these programmes."

"To be eligible for the J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Internship programme, students must be in their penultimate year of study i.e. 1 year away from graduating. This can either be from their undergraduate degree or for those who are in their final year taking a master’s degree. The reason for this is that we hire 1 year in arrears and it is in exceptional circumstances only will someone convert full time that same year. Unfortunately, for Investment Banking London, we do not offer any Off-Cycle opportunities. However please do regularly monitor our website as some other business areas do offer these programmes."

Hmm that's strange ,global markets do have an off cycle internship tho but yeah that's annoying if u wanna apply for IB!*
(edited 7 years ago)

Yep looks like off cycle internship it is*

Quick Reply

Latest