The Student Room Group

Asking somebody out online

Person I am interested in, we were in the same school club together last year we have talked a couple of times, but are not really friends. Anyways we are not in the same program and when I do see her she Is either with family, or 3+ friends and even though I am confident I am not ask a girl out in front of dad confident. I am fairly sure she is interested in me and would like to know if it is appropriate to ask a girl out online if you do not know her very well.
Original post by Anonymous
Person I am interested in, we were in the same school club together last year we have talked a couple of times, but are not really friends. Anyways we are not in the same program and when I do see her she Is either with family, or 3+ friends and even though I am confident I am not ask a girl out in front of dad confident. I am fairly sure she is interested in me and would like to know if it is appropriate to ask a girl out online if you do not know her very well.

:s-smilie: it is a very difficult situation to be in when you know you can't approach them in in person.

If you're not really friends at the moment then I'm not sure if you have a high probability of success unless she feels or has felt the same way, and if it's too out of the blue or she doesn't really know you then she doesn't quite have a reason to say yes.

I would say get talking online first of all (having a few conversations and seeing how it goes - at this stage I quickly realise whether or not there's nothing really there) before thinking of how to ask them on a date, where they/we would enjoy etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending