The Student Room Group

DWF video interview

Hello!

I have a video interview coming up for DWF. It last 30 minutes! What on earth are you supposed to talk about for that length. Anyone had theirs yet ? Thanks
Original post by MissCheri
Hello!

I have a video interview coming up for DWF. It last 30 minutes! What on earth are you supposed to talk about for that length. Anyone had theirs yet ? Thanks

Whilst I'm in a different company (and sector) myself, a half hour doesn't sound out the realms of normal for a video interview - in my experience, they're a series of questions that you answer a couple/few minutes for each; it's unlikely to be just you talking for half an hour non-stop! :smile:
Reply 2
Have you done your video interview? If so, what type of questions did they ask you?
Reply 3
Have you done your video interview? If so, what type of questions did they ask you?
Reply 4
Have any of you heard back following the VI?
Reply 5
Has anyone done the 2019 or 2020 vacation scheme video interview? What were the questions like?
Reply 6
Original post by riannalaw
Has anyone done the 2019 or 2020 vacation scheme video interview? What were the questions like?

Hi,

These are all I've found online, they are from a few years ago.
1) Tell us about a situation when you went above and beyond is a task.
2) As a trainee how would you deliver excellent customer service to clients?
3) How would you describe DWF to somebody (2:30 min!!!)
4) What does a job of a trainee solicitor involve?
5) Why do you want to work as a commercial solicitor?
6) Why do you want to work at DWF?

If you have completed yours already. How long did you have to speak per questions & how many questions was it approx?
Reply 7
Original post by lawx1998
Hi,

These are all I've found online, they are from a few years ago.
1) Tell us about a situation when you went above and beyond is a task.
2) As a trainee how would you deliver excellent customer service to clients?
3) How would you describe DWF to somebody (2:30 min!!!)
4) What does a job of a trainee solicitor involve?
5) Why do you want to work as a commercial solicitor?
6) Why do you want to work at DWF?

If you have completed yours already. How long did you have to speak per questions & how many questions was it approx?

Thanks a lot! Still haven't done it yet.
Reply 8
Original post by riannalaw
Thanks a lot! Still haven't done it yet.

I haven't either - doing it tomorrow. I'm finding it difficult to prepare because with the generic questions like "why DWF" "why law", I am not sure whether we will get 1 minute or 3/4 minutes, which obviously makes a big difference on how we need to prepare
Reply 9
Original post by lawx1998
I haven't either - doing it tomorrow. I'm finding it difficult to prepare because with the generic questions like "why DWF" "why law", I am not sure whether we will get 1 minute or 3/4 minutes, which obviously makes a big difference on how we need to prepare

It will probably be 3 minutes because the total is 30 minutes
How is everyone preparing for the video interview?
Original post by dalasoubra
How is everyone preparing for the video interview?

I'm recording myself through my phone and watching the videos... really helps formulate an answer!!
What sorts of questions are you working through?!
Original post by dalasoubra
What sorts of questions are you working through?!

Just general ones like 'why law'
Those of you with interviews, may I ask which office you applied to and when you heard back? Still haven't heard a peep from them!
Original post by LpoolLawStudent
Those of you with interviews, may I ask which office you applied to and when you heard back? Still haven't heard a peep from them!

London office & about 5 days ago
Has anyone done it today? Do you remember the questions/have any tips?
Has anyone heard back from DWF?
Reply 18
Hey!

Whilst I don't have experience with the DWF VI, I have done a VI before with a different firm. A piece of advice that I have is to get accustomed to talking to the screen and seeing yourself rather than another person. What helps is to practise in front of the mirror so that you can control your facial expressions. Be prepared for questions such as "why you?", "why the firm?", "why commercial law?" but don't memorise them because recruiters generally don't like that.

You could also look at resources online, if I remember Commercial Law Academy had a course on interviews. Hope it helps!
Original post by elodieturnerhurd
Has anyone heard back from DWF?
nothing from them here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending