Unhappy with Results

So today i got (all highers):

Business - B
English - B
Physics - D
Computing - F
Maths - F

Im freaking out right now becauee i predicted my grades to be AABBC

I actually dont know what to do because now I dont see the point of applying to uni because my grades are way worse than what I expected them to be. Any advice on what to do now?
Can you stay on to school for another year?
You have got loads of options, go back and upgrade at school/college, choose some new subjects that you know you will enjoy good luck
Reply 3
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Can you stay on to school for another year?

Yes, this year coming up is my last one
Looks like a combination of resits and new subjects in 6th year is the best choice for you mate. You should talk to your teachers about it when you get back to school to see how you're best proceeding.
Original post by Lewis G
Yes, this year coming up is my last one

You have a very good chance of improving your physics grade with just a bit more work. You can also resit the other two subjects and maybe get tutoring if you struggle at it. I recommend doing at least one AH as uni's really like it and it improves your application, but again it's not essential. What course are you wanting to apply at university? Good luck
Reply 6
You have a very good chance of improving your physics grade with just a bit more work. You can also resit the other two subjects and maybe get tutoring if you struggle at it. I recommend doing at least one AH as uni's really like it and it improves your application, but again it's not essential. What course are you wanting to apply at university? Good luck

I was looking at the games design and production management at Abertay, dont feel great about it seeing as i failed computing though
Original post by Lewis G
I was looking at the games design and production management at Abertay, dont feel great about it seeing as i failed computing though

I wouldn't let that put you down. I'm going to be studying Diagnostic Radiography and last year I got an F in physics and this year I got a B. If you want something bad enough then you can definitely achieve it. Do not give up and just hang in there, it's all about perseverance. I know it's not the most helpful advice but you can do it, just believe in yourself. Tomorrow is a new day.

Edit: Had a look at the entry requirements. Seeing as they only need 4 highers I recommend you drop one higher and resit the rest of your subjects to make it easier for yourself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
I wouldn't let that put you down. I'm going to be studying Diagnostic Radiography and last year I got an F in physics and this year I got a B. If you want something bad enough then you can definitely achieve it. Do not give up and just hang in there, it's all about perseverance. I know it's not the most helpful advice but you can do it, just believe in yourself. Tomorrow is a new day.

Edit: Had a look at the entry requirements. Seeing as they only need 4 highers I recommend you drop one higher and resit the rest of your subjects to make it easier for yourself.

This year i was originally doing 3 new highers with one game design course that is equivalent to a nat 5, might have to drop one of my new highers to resit maths. Dont really want to but pretty sure its important
Consider: Computing (BSc Hons) - abertay

Higher ABBB; A Level BCC; ILC (H) A2B2B2B2; BTEC Extended Diploma DMM; International Baccalaureate 29
Essential subjects: Computing or Information Systems or Maths or Physics . Now remember it's either or. So you can pick one subject. I recommend sticking with Computing and Maths. Plus the entry requirements are easier.

Consider: Computer Games Design (BSc Hons) - glasgow caledonian
Year 1 Entry Requirements
SQA Higher: ABBB including Maths at B plus Nat 5 English

Consider: Computer Games Development - university of west scotland

SQA Highers: BBBC

Theres so many options for you out there. Don't be disappointed, and you did amazing in Business and English so you're almost halfway there already.
(edited 7 years ago)
Looks like your better at essay subjects than STEM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Higher ABBB; A Level BCC; ILC (H) A2B2B2B2; BTEC Extended Diploma DMM; International Baccalaureate 29
Essential subjects: Computing or Information Systems or Maths or Physics . Now remember it's either or. So you can pick one subject. I recommend sticking with Computing and Maths. Plus the entry requirements are easier.

Theres so many options for you out there. Don't be disappointed, and you did amazing in Business and English so you're almost halfway there already.

I was also wondering, if i get good results next year, and meet the year 1 requirements, would i be able to apply based on the year 1 grades or is s6 considered as year 2
Original post by Lewis G
I was also wondering, if i get good results next year, and meet the year 1 requirements, would i be able to apply based on the year 1 grades or is s6 considered as year 2

Year 1 = year 1 of uni
Year 2 = entry into year 2 i.e accelerated

You mostly need AH for year 2 access
Reply 13
Year 1 = year 1 of uni
Year 2 = entry into year 2 i.e accelerated

You mostly need AH for year 2 access

Ok thanks for clearing that up

Why aren't you a mod yet? You're awesome.
Original post by Lewis G
Ok thanks for clearing that up

You're welcome, anymore questions just quote me and don't forget there's other courses out there, just keep your mind open and work as hard as you possibly can and you will get through it. Do not be disappointed and you should be proud of your 2 Higher B grades as most people find it difficult to achieve that alone nevermind AABB! :biggrin:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Why aren't you a mod yet? You're awesome.

That's a huge compliment coming from you! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending