The Student Room Group

is it worth trying to go through the process of a remark to get a B grade to an A?

so my current results rn are A, A, B and im really unhappy with the B. I have calculated with the grade boundaries and found that I was quite close to an A.

but my school also said that if you get into ur firm (which I have) you shouldn't bother. so idk if its worth the effort
Original post by Anonymous
so my current results rn are A, A, B and im really unhappy with the B. I have calculated with the grade boundaries and found that I was quite close to an A.

but my school also said that if you get into ur firm (which I have) you shouldn't bother. so idk if its worth the effort

How close are you?

And yes, your school is correct. You've got into your firm so 'remarking' is not the best approach. Remember, your grade can drop. AAB is a brilliant set of results and you should be proud of yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
How close are you?

And yes, your school is correct. You've got into your firm so 'remarking' is not the best approach. Remember, your grade can drop. AAB is a brilliant set of results and you should be proud of yourself.

I was like 8 marks away.
and I know and I talked to my dad about it and he said that a levels are only a gate way for uni and that when I get a degree they'll look at that and not uni but ig its an ego thing? like I know a lot of ppl have had it much worse but I was predicted an A, A, A* and in my mocks I got exactly that so idk
Reply 3
Definitely not worth it. Unless your B turns into an A, you'll have to pay for the remark. You've got into uni now, so just draw a line under the results, move on with the next stage of your life, and try to get the best degree you can.
Original post by Anonymous
I was like 8 marks away.
and I know and I talked to my dad about it and he said that a levels are only a gate way for uni and that when I get a degree they'll look at that and not uni but ig its an ego thing? like I know a lot of ppl have had it much worse but I was predicted an A, A, A* and in my mocks I got exactly that so idk

8 mark isn't close, I'm afraid. It's very risky to get your exam 'remarked'. You don't want your grade to drop to a C. :no:

It's absolutely okay to be feeling the way you are. You have your own personal expectations and it is disappointing when you don't achieve them. But this feeling will only be temporary. You have exciting things to look forward to, university being one of them. Now you need to distract yourself and as above work hard to get the best degree you can.

Does this help? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n
8 mark isn't close, I'm afraid. It's very risky to get your exam 'remarked'. You don't want your grade to drop to a C. :no:

It's absolutely okay to be feeling the way you are. You have your own personal expectations and it is disappointing when you don't achieve them. But this feeling will only be temporary. You have exciting things to look forward to, university being one of them. Now you need to distract yourself and as above work hard to get the best degree you can.

Does this help? :smile:

thank you. I think I need to learn how to be more grateful ig but thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending