The Student Room Group

Does anyone work/has worked at Marks & Spencer?

Hi,

So I applied for a temporary, part time, weekend job at M&S about 2 weeks ago, I got n interview slot on Wednesday, had the interview on Thursday, and got the job the same day. I have to go back in on Monday to finalise a few things but apart from that, I've got the induction/training days on the 30th and 31st. I'm just wondering what I should expect from working there, on the training days and in general, and if anyone could give me any info about the roles there, e.g. with overtime, when is pay day etc.
Reply 1
Original post by 11easkry
Hi,

So I applied for a temporary, part time, weekend job at M&S about 2 weeks ago, I got n interview slot on Wednesday, had the interview on Thursday, and got the job the same day. I have to go back in on Monday to finalise a few things but apart from that, I've got the induction/training days on the 30th and 31st. I'm just wondering what I should expect from working there, on the training days and in general, and if anyone could give me any info about the roles there, e.g. with overtime, when is pay day etc.

Pay day for a temp is weekly on a Tuesday, the training will be a lot of videos, health and safety , fire , tour of the shop , till training. Alcohol training. It will depend on what part of the store you are going yo but don't be afraid to ask questions of your colleagues, they will help you. Good luck I enjoyed working there for 4 Christmases

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending