The Student Room Group

Resignation query

I have been in a local authority fixed term job for 4 months-hated every day of it. Anyway, secured another job and got confirmation on 9th August I had the job, but I would need to start training course on 31st August. My contract says i need to give a months notice, and I assumed this was 4 weeks.
according to boss, with my accrued leave due i would be 2 days short of a month (he said it was 31 days) and that I would have to work the 2 days otherwise I was in breach of my contract.
There is nothing in my contract to stipulate what a month is, and I was under the impression that a month would be 4 weeks. :frown:
Original post by dee999
I have been in a local authority fixed term job for 4 months-hated every day of it. Anyway, secured another job and got confirmation on 9th August I had the job, but I would need to start training course on 31st August. My contract says i need to give a months notice, and I assumed this was 4 weeks.
according to boss, with my accrued leave due i would be 2 days short of a month (he said it was 31 days) and that I would have to work the 2 days otherwise I was in breach of my contract.
There is nothing in my contract to stipulate what a month is, and I was under the impression that a month would be 4 weeks. :frown:

Tell him to take the salary equivalent of the leave out of your final pay. You may be in breach of contract, but they will not do anything about it, it's a fairly hollow threat.
Reply 2
That's what I emailed him back- sorry but I can't work the 2 days as I am away on holiday, just take the 2 days wages off my final salary! Will see what he comes back with tomorrow!:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending