The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

What accommodation should I choose?

Studying Computer Science at UoL next year, can't wait.

I am trying to choose self catered accommodation. Here is what I need:
-Very good social life, I like making lots of friends
-Good or at least decent kitchen facilities
-Clean and comfortable

Low and higher budget recommendations would be appreciated.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by wellhat
Studying Computer Science at UoL next year, can't wait.

I am trying to choose self catered accommodation. Here is what I need:
-Very good social life, I like making lots of friends
-Good or at least decent kitchen facilities
-Clean and comfortable

Low and higher budget recommendations would be appreciated.

Hello!

You can view all of our accommodation options on our website here:
https://le.ac.uk/student-life/undergraduates/accommodation

We have a range of self catered accommodation in both the Oadby Student Village and our City Living residences, all in a mixture of price ranges, so we're sure you'll have a great time whichever you choose.

Don't forget you need to submit your application by 1 September to guarantee your accommodation.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Amy
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Mary gee is a great choice I'm staying there.

Studying haze get at me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Amnesiaghost
Mary gee is a great choice I'm staying there.

Studying haze get at me

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the accommodation site it says it's part of Oadby, but I have heard others say it isn't part of the student village online, so where is Mary Gee? A little confused haha. If it's in Oadby I will put it down as well.
Original post by wellhat
On the accommodation site it says it's part of Oadby, but I have heard others say it isn't part of the student village online, so where is Mary Gee? A little confused haha. If it's in Oadby I will put it down as well.

it is literally down the road from oadby village. can catch a 2 minute bus or walk 10 mins and your there. Mary Gee is a lot quiter and in a really nice area close to shops and transport but not as busy at oadby village.
Reply 5
it is literally down the road from oadby village. can catch a 2 minute bus or walk 10 mins and your there. Mary Gee is a lot quiter and in a really nice area close to shops and transport but not as busy at oadby village.

I might put it down, sounds like a great area just worried about not being right in the village, don't want to feel left out, I like a busy area with lots of people to meet.
Original post by wellhat
I might put it down, sounds like a great area just worried about not being right in the village, don't want to feel left out, I like a busy area with lots of people to meet.

well theres still room for over 300 students at mary gee so you wont be feeling to lonely lol
Reply 7
well theres still room for over 300 students at mary gee so you wont be feeling to lonely lol

Do you know anyone who could say whether there is much difference between the social life living in GMS vs John Foster? They say John Foster is posh but seems a lot of the rooms are similar price to GMS at least in the John Foster house. I am overthinking it a bit though.
ve been attending uol for a year now, what are you looking for in your accomodation? i see you are looking for social aspect, do you like to party? or go for dating? are you a girl or guy? need more info lol
Reply 9
Original post by uolstudent091
ve been attending uol for a year now, what are you looking for in your accomodation? i see you are looking for social aspect, do you like to party? or go for dating? are you a girl or guy? need more info lol

I'm a guy, I want to make friends, go out and I like football as well and will be getting gold membership at the nearby gym. I did put what I am looking for, comfort, good kitchen and self catering, preferably not ensuite but have a washbasin.

I have put down The Coppice, Meadow Court, JoFo houses and Stamford houses. If you have any recommendations or think I should remove one of them let me know.
well different housing suits different kind of social groups, im a guy too do you party or go clubbing at all?
Reply 11
Original post by uolstudent091
well different housing suits different kind of social groups, im a guy too do you party or go clubbing at all?

Throughout High School not much but with good friends I could definitely see myself enjoying it much more in uni. I will be interested in going to parties for sure, maybe clubbing as well.
Just wondering if anyone else has come into difficulty with getting the accomodation they want. I've rejected mine twice now after they gave me Lasdun twice single room, but I'm wondering is it even worth reapplying for accomodation??
Original post by Jp Jones97
Just wondering if anyone else has come into difficulty with getting the accomodation they want. I've rejected mine twice now after they gave me Lasdun twice single room, but I'm wondering is it even worth reapplying for accomodation??

Same, apparently Lasdun is all they have for 2016 now so I will have to stay there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending