The Student Room Group

Full marks but only A in A2?

I've just got my results for my A2 business studies exams and I got 80/80 for BUSS3 but it says that I got an A for that. Then for BUSS4 I got 76/80 and it's only been put as a B.

I looked at the grade boundaries that AQA tweeted and it says that I needed 54/80 in BUSS3 to get an A* and 61/80 in BUSS4 to get an A*.

Can someone please tell me if I've read it wrong or if there's been a mistake in what grades they've put down for the individual exam papers?
Original post by Charlienewman
I've just got my results for my A2 business studies exams and I got 80/80 for BUSS3 but it says that I got an A for that. Then for BUSS4 I got 76/80 and it's only been put as a B.

I looked at the grade boundaries that AQA tweeted and it says that I needed 54/80 in BUSS3 to get an A* and 61/80 in BUSS4 to get an A*.

Can someone please tell me if I've read it wrong or if there's been a mistake in what grades they've put down for the individual exam papers?

Speak to your teacher I agree that does seem incorrect
Rather than raw marks, is it possible that 80 and 76 are maybe your UMS marks? Because 80 UMS is an A, and 76 is a B. I don't know if it's the same for you, but our college gives us the UMS marks on the results sheet.
If these marks are from your results sheet then it is displayed as UMS marks and not raw marks
I have just converted these UMS marks into Raw marks for you.

For BUSS3 you have 80/100 UMS marks. This equates to 49/80 raw marks which is a borderline A grade.

For BUSS4 you have 76/100 UMS marks. This equates to 51/80 raw marks which is a B grade.

Please use this web link for further details on UMS to raw mark conversion: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter
Reply 5
Original post by _howl
You need an A at AS to get an A* overall. What was your AS grade?

You don't - you need an A OVERALL and above 90% at A2.

That is, someone can get a B at AS and still get A* at A2 (the final grade).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending