The Student Room Group

Need some help

Heya everyone!

So I just got my AS results and I've messed up beyond belief.

English Lit - B
Technology - B
Maths - D
Physics - D

I wanted to apply to Queens Belfast for a Bachelors in Physics and Astrophysics but as you can see, that's not looking too strong. Is it possible or even worthwhile to pull both Physics and Maths up to Bs and could I still apply to my choices with those AS results?
Resit Maths and Physics, if you feel your Math doesn't cut it (and you tried the first time and got these grades) then drop those subjects for something else. It's very hard to pull up grades in A2 (though it has been done).

Maybe Redo AS Levels again and take a year out to do that.
how would you pull them up ?
Original post by TatoMuncher
Heya everyone!

So I just got my AS results and I've messed up beyond belief.

English Lit - B
Technology - B
Maths - D
Physics - D

I wanted to apply to Queens Belfast for a Bachelors in Physics and Astrophysics but as you can see, that's not looking too strong. Is it possible or even worthwhile to pull both Physics and Maths up to Bs and could I still apply to my choices with those AS results?

I would say no just focus on an english type course
Reply 4
Original post by momoneyme89
Resit Maths and Physics, if you feel your Math doesn't cut it (and you tried the first time and got these grades) then drop those subjects for something else. It's very hard to pull up grades in A2 (though it has been done).

Maybe Redo AS Levels again and take a year out to do that.

I don't particularly want to do anything else that doesn't require Maths or Physics at some level. Engineering, Physics and Computer Science were sort of my ideas for Uni. I intend to resit all of the Maths and one Physics exam and one practical but will that leave me with too much on my plate next year?

Original post by yungggnike
how would you pull them up ?

Working my ass off I guess but even still, if I do so many resits, would it just pull everything down?

Also I don't particularly want to do English. I'm good at it in the fact that I didn't try for it but I got a B but I just despise the actual subject.

Quick Reply

Latest