The Student Room Group

Is it true that if you stop giving a girl attention, she will chase you?

There is this girl that I've been talking to for about 2 weeks now. We've flirted a few times and we get along well with our conversations. But recently she's been giving me dry replies and I'm not sure why. My friend suggested that I stop talking to her completely and she will come running back to me. is this true? If I stop giving her attention, will she start talking to me again or is that a myth?

Scroll to see replies

If she is giving you dry replies then she most likely doesn't like you, the key is to actually surround yourself with more girls rather than ignore her and give her the dry replies. fight fire with fire
There's only one way to find out. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup, be incredibly dry back and eventually let it fizzle out. At gatherings, parties, in school, see how she looks around you. If you make eye contact then chances are she misses you, if her friends start talking to you (but in the way they do when you send them to interview your crush and report back to you ygm) and if they look weird around you and basic crush signs. She sounds like a boring girl anyway so drop her
No
Reply 5
Original post by samzy21

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did find out and the answer is NO
Reply 6
Try it, see how it works out foir you... :rolleyes:
It depends on what she's really like so there's no way for anyone to give you good advice on here.

Generally though it's true, girls will tell you it's not but don't believe them.

Basically it makes a girl think about why your relationship has changed and why you're acting differently towards her, it makes her think about the relationship more. Girls might say they like a lot of attention from a guy but really they just find it annoying after a while.
(edited 7 years ago)
It may work if you talk to other girls and be flirty. Or if you fancy another girl then just flirt with her especially in front of the girl that gives you dead reply just to make her jealous and piss her off. I doubt it'll work if u just talk to your boys
Omfd stop playing games, just ask her what's up!!!! Far more effective and less time consuming :smile:
If they're actually into you, then yeah, ignoring a girl a bit will drive them nuts. If not, then they'll be relieved that you're leaving them alone and you'll probably not hear from them again.
It depends on the girls. Some girls would ignore but don't like to be ignored. :tongue:
Reply 12
Rejection breeds obsession. You gotta play it right. Not too much and not too little. The sad truth is that nice guys do really finish last.

Show interest one day and ignore her the next.

Seduction/ mind games is pretty fun when you get the hang of it.
Original post by WoodyMKC
If they're actually into you, then yeah, ignoring a girl a bit will drive them nuts. If not, then they'll be relieved that you're leaving them alone and you'll probably not hear from them again.

Honey, its up to you, whatever happens good luck :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
There is this girl that I've been talking to for about 2 weeks now. We've flirted a few times and we get along well with our conversations. But recently she's been giving me dry replies and I'm not sure why. My friend suggested that I stop talking to her completely and she will come running back to me. is this true? If I stop giving her attention, will she start talking to me again or is that a myth?

That is true, yes.
Original post by Anonymous

that is the worst idea you have two real odds of success just go face to face that might work or
just fight fire with fire and surround yourself with more girls

Spoiler

Reply 16
The playing it cool approach generally only works if she fancies the pants of you anyway. Certainly worth focussing your efforts on other girls and see what happens.
Definitely not true, ignore me and you'll never hear from me again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by samzy21

Posted from TSR Mobile

lolol this will end badly
Girls like men who are mysterious, so dropping off the radar will get her thinking about you IF she's interested in you to begin with.

Don't play games, but ease back a bit and see how things play out. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending