The Student Room Group

Girl said she wouldn't?

I like a girl and I know she likes me too but she said she wouldn't come to the theatre where I work because it would feel awkward asking me for drinks so she wouldn't come and and she would go when I'm kot working.

Why would she say this?

Scroll to see replies

Dunno, flirting or you're wrong about her liking you.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Dunno, flirting or you're wrong about her liking you.

I mean why she said she wont come to the theatre when I work there ??
She literally told you why. I would feel the same as her tbh. Take her on a proper date if you actually serious.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean why she said she wont come to the theatre when I work there ??

I know, that was the only thing you asked.

Imo that was a window to still move the convo forward just by not taking it too seriously, maybe point out out how such a visit might brighten your day, or even act a little self depreciating about your job, just a little or sidetrack the convo into the shared interest - if you don't have the sort of rapport or people reading where you can communicate, then you might need to reassess why you're so sure she likes you?
Reply 5
Original post by SalaryWoman
She literally told you why. I would feel the same as her tbh. Take her on a proper date if you actually serious.

I'm just working there. What's there to feel awkward?
I'm just working there. What's there to feel awkward?

you will be serving her like a slave or servant its totally different dynamics she wants to see you as her friend not as the server. some people like boundaries.
Just arrange to meet out of work rather than second guessing her decision.
Reply 8
you will be serving her like a slave or servant its totally different dynamics she wants to see you as her friend not as the server. some people like boundaries.

She said she wouldn't feel comfortable asking me to serve her drinks
I like a girl and I know she likes me too but she said she wouldn't come to the theatre where I work because it would feel awkward asking me for drinks so she wouldn't come and and she would go when I'm kot working.

Why would she say this?

Isn't it obvious?

If she likes you, she obviously wants to spend some real "quality time" with you. She wants to see the fun / romantic side to you... not when you're in work mode when you're having to prioritise other people instead of her. There, at best, she's going to be second best to your other work duties. She wants to feel that she's special to you, and not just a convenience.

If you really want her to see what your work place is like, then take her to see a show there when you're not working. Then you can get your other colleagues to give you (and her) the full VIP treatment... That'll make her feel far more special and valued, rather than having to fight for your attention against everyone else there.

Exactly this.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Isn't it obvious?

If she likes you, she obviously wants to spend some real "quality time" with you. She wants to see the fun / romantic side to you... not when you're in work mode when you're having to prioritise other people instead of her. There, at best, she's going to be second best to your other work duties. She wants to feel that she's special to you, and not just a convenience.

If you really want her to see what your work place is like, then take her to see a show there when you're not working. Then you can get your other colleagues to give you (and her) the full VIP treatment... That'll make her feel far more special and valued, rather than having to fight for your attention against everyone else there.

Exactly this.

She did say that she would feel awkward with asking me to give her drinks
Reply 11
Just ask her on a proper date. Why are you asking her to visit you at your workplace when you are working??
Reply 12
Original post by rfit
Just ask her on a proper date. Why are you asking her to visit you at your workplace when you are working??

She said she wants to watch a show at the theatre but doesn't want to come on the days when I'm working
She said she wants to watch a show at the theatre but doesn't want to come on the days when I'm working

Well do exactly what I said in my previous post.

TAKE her to a show there, wow her with the VIP seating, treatment etc. If you really want to turn it into a busman's holiday, then maybe give her a tour around the place, introduce her to your work colleagues before the show.

You can't be working all the time, so swap a shift with one of your colleageues, if need-be.

'All Work & No Joy' and all that.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 14
Well do exactly what I said in my previous post.

TAKE her to a show there, wow her with the VIP seating, treatment etc. If you really want to turn it into a busman's holiday, then maybe give her a tour around the place, introduce her to your work colleagues before the show.

You can't be working all the time, so swap a shift with one of your colleageues, if need-be.

'All Work & No Joy' and all that.

I dont really like her that much
I dont really like her that much

Seriously bruv, make your mind up! :rolleyes:

In your first post you said, and I quote:-

Why would she say this?

If you like her, then take her for a date (either at your work place or somewhere else). If you're not interested, then set her straight so she doesn't waste her time and can find someone who actually gives a damn about her.
Reply 16
Seriously bruv, make your mind up! :rolleyes:

In your first post you said, and I quote:-

If you like her, then take her for a date (either at your work place or somewhere else). If you're not interested, then set her straight so she doesn't waste her time and can find someone who actually gives a damn about her.

I like the caring attention she gives me
I like the caring attention she gives me

I stand by everything i said in my previous post. If you think you can make a go of it (or are willing to give her a chance), then go on a date with her somewhere. If not, then you need to tell her, so she can move on from you.

Don't keep stringing her along like that, only to stroke your ego if you've clearly not got any intentions of taking it any further.

That's selfish and cruel.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 18
I stand by everything i said in my previous post. If you think you can make a go of it (or are willing to give her a chance), then go on a date with her somewhere. If not, then you need to tell her, so she can move on from you.

Don't keep stringing her along like that, only to stroke your ego if you've clearly not got any intentions of taking it any further.

That's selfish and cruel.

I'm already dating a girl who was my close friends girlfriend but they broke up and now we are together.

With this girl, I like her looks but no interest in her
Then what’s to question. You have no interest in her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending