The Student Room Group

Clearing or Resit

On results day I was hoping for AAB and expecting ABB I opened the envolpe and found I had B(politics)B(history)C(physics). In mocks/essays I'd been consistently getting enough to get ABB(ocasionally getting AAB) overall, I didn't panic on exam day, but I did significantly worse then expected and have an idea of why, before the exams I was sitting on an A and two High Bs based on AS levels +coursework. I need 7(physics),10(history) and 17(politiocs) UMS to bring the grades to AAB overall. To do this I would have to resit 3 out of 5 exams I took this year, however, my sixthform have changed the courses they run so would only offer any taught lessons in Politics (due to them changing specs/exam boards in the other 2)

For refrence my UCAS choices where the Universities of Leed and Nottingham for BA Politics and BA politics and International relations respectively.

I have secured a place at UWE for politics and international relations through clearing and am currently deciding whether to withdraw this choice and resist the exams .

I am currently qualifying to be a climbing instructor, so it wouldn't be a blank year on my CV as I'd be able to do work and get NGB qualifications for climbing instruction such as the SPA and CWLA.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, particularly from those who've gone through clearing or resits
Reply 1
Original post by michael90cr
On results day I was hoping for AAB and expecting ABB I opened the envolpe and found I had B(politics)B(history)C(physics). In mocks/essays I'd been consistently getting enough to get ABB(ocasionally getting AAB) overall, I didn't panic on exam day, but I did significantly worse then expected and have an idea of why, before the exams I was sitting on an A and two High Bs based on AS levels +coursework. I need 7(physics),10(history) and 17(politiocs) UMS to bring the grades to AAB overall. To do this I would have to resit 3 out of 5 exams I took this year, however, my sixthform have changed the courses they run so would only offer any taught lessons in Politics (due to them changing specs/exam boards in the other 2)

For refrence my UCAS choices where the Universities of Leed and Nottingham for BA Politics and BA politics and International relations respectively.

I have secured a place at UWE for politics and international relations through clearing and am currently deciding whether to withdraw this choice and resist the exams .

I am currently qualifying to be a climbing instructor, so it wouldn't be a blank year on my CV as I'd be able to do work and get NGB qualifications for climbing instruction such as the SPA and CWLA.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, particularly from those who've gone through clearing or resits

Have a good look at UWE. Do they offer accommodation for Clearing students? How much will you have left over after paying for accommodation? What is the accommodation situtation like for years 2 and 3 (is it expensive or highly subscribed)? Do you like the area? How will you get there with all your stuff at the start and end of the year? Can you get home easily if you want to do a quick weekend visit? Do they have opportunities for you to pursue activities that are important to you (eg hobbies such as climbing)? How much is a glass of wine? What are the opportunities like for graduates? Do you like the course, including compulsory and optional modules?

Once you've done a lot of research on UWE you'll be able to decide if it is right for you. If it's the perfect uni then that will make your decision clearer - or if it's not a good fit for you, then you'll know you need to go elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending