The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Should I apply to UNI of sheffield or wait till clearing?

I am a resit student reapplying to ucas with grades ABB. Should i put uni of sheffield mechanical engineering as a chpice( theuir contextual offer is AAB ) should i risk or wait till clearing ?
Original post by lionelmessi34
I am a resit student reapplying to ucas with grades ABB. Should i put uni of sheffield mechanical engineering as a chpice( theuir contextual offer is AAB ) should i risk or wait till clearing ?

You have five choices, so it really depends where you wouldn't be applying in order to include Sheffield as one of your five.

It's perfectly fine to include one or two "aspirational" choices amongst you five. Just ensure the others are "safer", in terms of grades.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
It depends on how much you want to do the course
There should be no problem with them giving you an offer as you are only one grade off.I wouldn't rely on a course being in clearing so if you want to go then put it down as an option

Also if they so have spaces the people who meet the reduced offer for clearing if they have already applied to Sheffield they get first choice so more likely to get offered a space
Reply 3
Original post by Jess_Lomas
It depends on how much you want to do the course
There should be no problem with them giving you an offer as you are only one grade off.I wouldn't rely on a course being in clearing so if you want to go then put it down as an option

Also if they so have spaces the people who meet the reduced offer for clearing if they have already applied to Sheffield they get first choice so more likely to get offered a space

I just feel like im at a disadvantage since i am resitting and i dont meet their requirements so putting it as one of my choices is like asking for a rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending