The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, don't stress about the grade boundaries :smile: I was in the same position last year and was expecting maybe 1 A* the rest A's and B's - you will surprise yourselves with what you get even if you think you did badly :smile: I cried in one of the exams and didn't answer loads of questions and still got an A. Good luck to you all :smile:
Original post by mxskaan
:frown: oh my god

I've also heard OCR a level grade boundaries were so so high
6 of my subjects are with OCR

Same, most of my subjects are with OCR. I'm trying to stay positive, we'll all be in the same boat. Let's just hope for the best 🙏I'm sure you've done fab! 😊
Original post by erinls2
Guys, don't stress about the grade boundaries :smile: I was in the same position last year and was expecting maybe 1 A* the rest A's and B's - you will surprise yourselves with what you get even if you think you did badly :smile: I cried in one of the exams and didn't answer loads of questions and still got an A. Good luck to you all :smile:

Thanks for this !! Loads of us on this thread need positivity like this, appreciate it greatly X
Original post by erinls2

Thank you so much! Stories like this make me feel a little better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
It's pretty consistent every year. Always about 146 for an A* and 117 for an A. I thought this year's paper was a lot easier though so I think they might increase very slightly?

I thought paper 2 was quite easy but Paper 1 was horrific. I estimate around 85 in paper 2 and 35 in paper 1. But in reality it could be snywhere from 110 to 130 so fingers crissed I get an A and not a stupid B. If I do, I will seriously consider electing for a November resit.
Original post by AlevelBiologist
I thought paper 2 was quite easy but Paper 1 was horrific. I estimate around 85 in paper 2 and 35 in paper 1. But in reality it could be snywhere from 110 to 130 so fingers crissed I get an A and not a stupid B. If I do, I will seriously consider electing for a November resit.

With 120 marks you should get an A, looking at previous grade boundaries :smile:
I also think you may have been really harsh on yourself - you can pick up method marks very easily even if you don't reach the right conclusion as long as you wrote all your workings down, so you probably scored a lot higher than 35 :h:
Really hope you get the A, but the November resit isn't the end of the world (considering it for English Language lmao)
With 120 marks you should get an A, looking at previous grade boundaries :smile:
I also think you may have been really harsh on yourself - you can pick up method marks very easily even if you don't reach the right conclusion as long as you wrote all your workings down, so you probably scored a lot higher than 35 :h:
Really hope you get the A, but the November resit isn't the end of the world (considering it for English Language lmao)

Thanks, hopefully. Best of luck to you too 😊
Original post by kennethdcharles
@Vanilla Cupcake how did you get on?

finally got it and i got an A, super happy :biggrin: i'm feeling really good for next week since that went so terribly and i still did well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloechurcher
Thanks for this !! Loads of us on this thread need positivity like this, appreciate it greatly X

Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Thank you so much! Stories like this make me feel a little better

Not to worry, it's my pleasure to provide reassurance :smile: it's an anxious wait especially if you need certain grades for sixth form - I myself needed 6A*'s to get in which was terrifying!
Feel free to ask any more questions about anything you like x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also can I just say please consider the community you're immersing yourself in here! A lot of people on the student room are high achieving and very ambitious, and that's fine but don't get bogged down in it. It's easy to over analyse specific questions and marks but it's not worth it. Remember people all over the country took these exams and that means there's such a wide range of abilities so the exam boards, grade boundaries and mark schemes allow for this, I promise. I was pretty good at getting bogged down with it, even this year! I was only doing 2 AS exams (maths and music) this year and because I was reading through unofficial markschemes and stuff on here I was certain my maths would be a B or lower. I got 2 A's. Anything is possible - keep your chins up and don't discount anything until you get your results. And whether or not they're what you want, it does not define you and there will be a place for you somewhere doing something in the future and it may turn out to be the best thing. Trust me :smile:
Oh yeah also if you feel like giving me some extra rep on my profile that'd be well appreciated! I love helping people on here so it'd be great to get some more recognition for that :biggrin:
Stupid question here....
I just saw the CIE IGCSE English Language Grade Boundaries/Thresholds, am I correct that A* is 106 and A is 96 and so on?
It's pretty consistent every year. Always about 146 for an A* and 117 for an A. I thought this year's paper was a lot easier though so I think they might increase very slightly?

You found it easy?? Beucase many of the people I've spoken too found this years paper hard, including me 😔 I really wanted anA* but I think I will get a around 144, which is an A
What's going on with my CIE igcse English language then because I only did coursework out of 50 and the exam out of 50 and for an A* you need 106????
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamie Vardy
You know how everyone wanted low grade boundaries for that B1 paper from AQA? It's rumoured the GBs are high; I reckon I got 19/60 on that paper, which is a U. A C grade is 28/60! I thought it was hard :frown:

If you are doing higher paper, 19 is a D not a U. Also grade boundries have not been released so ignore the rumours. Just Becuase A level Grade boundries are high, it does not mean GCSE gb will allso be high
GUYS! Please listen to what I've said!! Honestly discussing the exact marks for A*, how easy you found the paper etc is not going to help your stress levels before the day - you still have almost a week before the day and you don't want to be sitting on here all day every day obsessing over whether you're going to get the A* or not - I was doing the same last year but as my dad would say, you can't change your grades now and while that may seem harsh that is the reality :smile: I understand that it's exciting to discuss it and you want to know how you've done but you won't know anything for sure until next Thursday - don't use the days in between stressing over it. I know it's a nerve-wracking time but looking back on how I was last year, I wish I hadn't stressed so much and analysed everything :smile: Just relax and try and enjoy your holidays - you don't get many more of them before uni! :P
Original post by AlevelBiologist
What does everyone think the Grade boundary for an A will be for:

AQA GCSE Mathematics Linear B (Higher)
Summer 2016 Series

I'm not sure but hopefully

144: A*
115: A

I really want an A* so hopefully they don't increase the grade bounadries:biggrin:. I usually find maths easy getting nearly full marks on the papers but this year's paper one was quite hard in comparison to others:frown:. I think I have got 95/105 on paper 2 but I am not sure about p1 as I need 51/70 which is a lot so I am so scared:redface:. I hope they lower the GB's for linear maths please:biggrin:
Original post by erinls2

Ur positvety is greatly appriceated most of us here are starting to feel the nerves get to us
Original post by Waveyalex
Ur positvety is greatly appriceated most of us here are starting to feel the nerves get to us

Don't worry about it - I know how nervous I was last year so I want to be able to help you all! :smile: I know when I was in your position people in sixth form would make fun of GCSE's being like 'oh they're nowhere near as stressful as a levels' but actually they're really hard because you have to do so many subjects and it really *is* a stressful time! I don't want to be one of those annoying sixth formers :P

Latest